Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

misshathaway
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Dec 2012, 5:52 pm

Tell well-intentioned person A that you are going to well-intentioned person B's house, and say the opposite to B. Then go to the movies. Much more fun than a wasted exhausting day of endless smalltalk.

tjr1243
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Dec 2012, 8:39 pm

I will be alone on Christmas and just go to the grocery to stock up on food beforehand because everything will be closed.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2012, 9:02 pm

Nambo wrote:
Most Christmas's I spend alone, trouble is NTs cannot understand that anyone would prefer to be alone, so they feel sorry for you and invite you to their house were I feel like some sort of parasite, but I know they are being kind and I don't like to hurt their feelings, so Ive often endured going to somebody elses intimate family gathering just to be nice.

Fortunately I got out of an invite this year as Iam swapping my day off so somebody can be home with their family whilst I shall be at work.

This is my experience too.

Now, I make sure any do-gooders are unaware that I'm spending the holiday alone and/or work whenever possible.

On the rare occasion someone is too persistent and nosy concerning my holiday habits, I say something like this:

Quote:
As a servant of Moloch Lord of FIRE, the winter holidays at my house are all about the children....

Man, are they good! .....slow-roasted with just a hint of rosemary.

That usually ends the conversation. :wink:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2012, 10:44 pm

^^^^^and now the children are so plump they never need fattening, no need to baste them anymore. :twisted: A few juniper berries helps with the digestion afterwards.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 12:48 am

I understand that reindeer jerkey is quite popular in Finland,

Sylkat