Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ibookfan92
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Dec 2012, 1:16 pm

I'm not sure if this should go in the computing-related forum, or here... because, as a personal example, I'll mention I really like Gnome 3 (Shell) and the new Windows UI while most don't, and was excited about Aqua on OS X since I first saw it. Now, in getting to the subject, I've read that someone on the spectrum is not supposed to like changes... but if a new design or software release comes out, I'm really eager for the change! And in another area, I've moved several times, and haven't been upset about it. But... change in other areas is no fun. To me, there seems to be inconsistency here from what I've read.

I'm completely new to all this... so I thought I'd ask: Can anyone else here identify with this--liking change in one area but not others? And... has anyone ever broken their own rules once or twice, such as if someone wore a gray shirt on a day they were supposed to wear a red shirt?

While I'm sure something like this has been posted somewhere here before, I thought it'd be interesting to see what others thought. Thanks! :)

Trencher93
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Dec 2012, 2:41 pm

ibookfan92 wrote:
I'm really eager for the change!

Sure, anyone can be a novelty junkie.

ibookfan92 wrote:
I really like Gnome 3 (Shell)

Hopefully the DSM V will have a category for Gnome 3.

Or maybe not - it would only cause a mental disorder if anyone actually used it.

seatbeltblue
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Dec 2012, 4:02 pm

I'm a novelty junkie in computing, myself. I love new features and playing around with them.

I just resist change in my schedule and routines. As long as those are unimpeded, I'm a happy guy.

lazamb_girl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Dec 2012, 4:15 pm

I am not totally closed to change. I can take changes to my schedule or routine if it is with prior notice of a week (which would be comfortable since I have a the weekend as a buffer)
I make travel plans and go to see new places but I always take along someone I am comfortable with.

Also bigger the change,the more time I need to prepare myself.. After all the over thinking and anxiety I would have 3/4 back up plans for every possible screw up.

But in a day, if there sudden changes are introduced, depending on the pressure my mood can vary from irritable to tantrum-y with crying and all.

Vectorspace
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 4:22 pm

I actually tried Gnome 3 when it went into Debian testing.
After half a year, I concluded that I didn't like it, so I switched (back) to MATE.

Changes like this are OK. I'm only afraid of changes that involve lots of unknown people (joining a new group, moving to a different city, etc.).

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 9:55 pm

If the change is of my own accord I have no problem with it. Things like unfamiliar or familiar and creepy people showing up unannounced, yes. My biggest peeve; people who make me wait unnecessarily and those who I'm expecting to see who don't bother to show up. Being told a restaurant or store is out of something I wanted. Stoplights not letting me through the intersection. Bloatware updates - they'll have to pry my eventually unsupported XP from my cold, dead fingers