Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2012, 7:39 pm

I've just met someone and somehow our (online) relationship is incredibly perfect. I mean, our personalities just mesh perfectly, like metal and magnet. Not even in my mental calculation of conventional relationships could I foresee how someone could match even more.

Of course, this may be an exaggerated construct in my mind, but could there be a reality behind the compatibility of minds? Is this the law of attraction naturally at work? (Since it was more of a meeting of personalities, online, than sole sensual attraction.)

Could, in the right settings, the Internet be the most efficient way to find one's 'soulmate'? (Not so much in the sense of dating sites, as they're simply filled with questions that happened to be answered on some random day by both parties, but substantial discourse that one is naturally attracted to elsewhere.)

MynameisAnna
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Dec 2012, 8:16 pm

oh no I would not meet the person.
may be you can love someone like you but it can be bad if you meet them.
when you only know them online.
they could be a bad person.
if you do meet them, be careful.
it might not be safe...

Agemaki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Dec 2012, 11:47 pm

Well, I met my current partner on a dating site (we have been together for about a year and a half now) so from my own experience I wouldn't say that it is impossible to meet someone online. It is good to be careful about meeting for the first time though, and you might want to consider having someone else with you/meeting in a public place. Best of luck! :)