Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

aspiedude
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Dec 2006, 1:00 pm

I understand that making friends is hard, so we cope. That's fine. But it seems that I am a human magnet for sadists and human garbage. Anyone sick minded and violence prone usually gravitates towards me. Either 90% negitive (bully, verbal abuse), sometimes friendly (one of my friends at my vo-tech school did 20 years hard time).

What is it about us that draws in the sickness in people?

krex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 1:55 pm

I do tend to attract others with "issues" but some of them have been good friends,(for awhile).I tend to think that most others know these folks are odd and exclude them(as they exclude us),so they have to try and find people who are so desperate for company that they will tolerate their oddness or cruelty,(us).I have also attracted some "protectors" who will except me like a "pet'.That might be because I have always been a small,fiesty,female.Some people with AS might find that insulting but I like it.I will take the generosity of people where ever I can find it.I figure it's good for their karma to practice compassion.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Warren
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Dec 2006, 3:13 pm

Wether we like it or not many of the traits associated with AS make us appear different to our peers and many others in society.

Bullies, abusers are good at seeing differences and home in on them to bully etc.

Not just AS people but NT's too. Anything they "percieve" to be not normal can potentially be used against us. But remember thats NOT our weakness but thiers.

Some people would say bully's prey on "weakness" but i disagree. I dont consider being different a weakness, although it can leave me very vulnerable to the true freaks of society who have bullied, sexually abused me and worse.

But luckily there are few of them around.

bchris02
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Dec 2006, 3:38 pm

This reminds me of when I was working at KFC in high school, if I walked through the restaurant lobby, any teenagers would immediately begin to laugh at me for no appearant reason. They would point fingers, mock me, etc, and I did absolutely nothing to them. Its so easy for us AS people to get enemies but we, or at least I can't make a friend if my life depended on it.

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 6:48 pm

Misery loves company.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2006, 9:26 pm

Bchris -that always happened to me a lot and I just never understood it. I used to have complete strangers from kids to adults yell out insults to me when all I did was walk into a store. Sometimes that still happens but almost always these days when it does happen it is some doper doing the insulting. Most people at work don't talk to me except when they can ridicule me in front of others to get attention.

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2006, 1:08 am

We just do? It's not really something that makes very much sense. I don't think the people doing the abuse can come up with a satisfactory answer either.

Probably it's just some thing we do triggers a certain chemical response in their cavemen brains and they just act accordingly. Most of these types generally don't have very good emotional control.

Try and find a way to use it to your advantage :P Maybe you can try and figure out a way to make them charge at you, and run into something, thus knocking down presumably what it was you wanted, but could not reach.

headphase
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2006, 1:31 am

Social interaction is the basis of how humans function.

ElectricBlue

27 Dec 2006, 6:26 pm

krex wrote:
I have also attracted some "protectors" who will except me like a "pet'.That might be because I have always been a small,fiesty,female.Some people with AS might find that insulting but I like it.I will take the generosity of people where ever I can find it.I figure it's good for their karma to practice compassion.
Funnily enough I tend to be the opposite, in that I've made friendships in the past of being a person who would keep an eye out and defend for you. It probably helps that I'm tall and very well built to look imposing, though personality wise I would be the reverse. When I was a university fresher, gaining the confidence of friends was very important especially on nights out when the rest of them would be drunk 8O There was one time an incident where there was a bomb alert and everyone had to evacuate the buildings and the streets outside were chaos; I was the only one not legless to be able to keep everyone together and get a taxi back home!

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2007, 12:34 pm

That makes me fed up sometimes. I do S.F.A. (Sweet F*** All) to anyone and still get picked and bullied "for fun".

It's stupid, and pointless.

I think it's because we look naive to the NTs and they think we are an easy target. But that's my opinion.