Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

babybuggy32
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2012, 12:08 pm

i don't get why so many people have the need to post about the most mundane events of their lives on facebook.
examples: "i woke up today cuz i heard a loud noise"
"people need to mind their own business im sooo sick of the drama"
"i saw a cat today"
and these types of statuses always get many likes and such. when i make a status at least i try to include some substance or wit or something to make people laugh, which is pointless i know because nobody ever gets it. i know sometimes i come off as arrogant but i try to make people think.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2012, 12:15 pm

You know the ones I hate even more? When someone just puts a sad face as their status then everyone writes 'what's wrong?' even though you know for a fact that they probably will not tell you! I ignore those ones and look for a friend who has something interesting to say. As most of my friends have Tourettes, it can be quite interesting!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2012, 12:30 pm

I hate it when people put up photos I find nasty or don't get because it's in a different language. Just the other day, for example, a "friend" put up something about Islam and killing us if we don't agree that peace is the only religion or something like that, I didn't find it very funny at all so I reported it and told the friend I didn't like the photo. Most of the photos I get are all right, they're mostly cute or silly cat pictures, which I like. :) I occasionally talk about what's on my mind but it's always either interesting things, like when my mother and her sister went to New York City, or I describe it in a way that sounds interesting or humorous, like just yesterday I wrote about the story my mom had told me about a mouse that had gotten into the kitchen drawer where Dad keeps all his candy and chips, and munched away and ruined them. Of course it wasn't too funny then, especially to Dad, but I was pretty amused by the story...They soon caught the mouse in a sticky trap, but at least he ate well. :lol:

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

05 Dec 2012, 12:41 pm

When I still had Facebook, most of my friends would vent their frustrations in their statuses. I swear, it's not a diary! :x

babybuggy32
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2012, 12:51 pm

oh yes the sympathy seeking sadface! bahahaha :cry: and yeah those pics of abused and battered children and animals are sick, and how they ask you to re-post it assuming it will catch the offenders or help in any way! and then you have the people that will post every hour or so of the day.... i think any more than one, two tops per day is quite enough :lol:

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2012, 10:08 pm

Lots of people do the sad face thing, even people on the spectrum.

I had a tendency to write those statuses mainly because I wanted to vent and FB was easy venting ground. I quit FB partly due to this reason (and the consequences that often ensued).

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.