Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

BlueElephantKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2012, 2:58 pm

I'm looking for some new anime series to watch, does anyone know any good ones for me to check out? So far, I have watched and finished...

Fullmetal Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Death Note
Deadman Wonderland
Fruit Baskets
Black Butler
Mongolian Chop Squad
Guilty Crown

I'm currently watching Soul Eater, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, and Mystery Girlfriend X

MikaNeko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Dec 2012, 3:39 pm

Going of the anime's you've listed you might enjoy:
Mirai Nikki
Steins Gate
The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya
Inuyasha
Hellsing
Claymore
Elfen Lied
Code Geass
Angel Beats
Ao No Exorcist

Hope that helped ^_^

Your Aspie score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

日本語をならっています。

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 11:38 pm

Well the hotest anime at the moment is Sword Art Online, and you may also want to check out Accel World. Both series are fighting anime that are set in the near future with fighting done within virtual reality worlds, actually set in the same world with Accel World set 20 years after Sword Art, theorise set about other connections too. Sword Art has a couple more episodes left for this season, while Accel World finished its first season half way through Sword Art's run.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is indeed a good choice, in fact I would recomend checking out a lot of Kyoto Animation anime. Their Key anime like Clannad, Air and Kanon are among their best works of in blending romance, comedy and tragedy, Kanon is one of my favourite anime. While their slice of life anime like K-ON!, Lucky Star, and Hyouka can be very funny and strangely very compelling. Their current airing anime Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai! is also very popular at the moment. Oh you mentioned Mongolian Chop Squad, K-ON is also very popular for its music.

I might also recomend Puella Magi Madoka Magica, now it is a magical girl show if you know what that is, but it is a deconstruction of the genre, is surprisingly dark, and is very popular. You might also enjoy some parody anime like Hayate the Combat Butler, Seitokai no Ichizon and Nyaruko-san: Another Crawling Chaos.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 12:31 am

There is Shinsekai Yori (From the New World) that I'm watching at the moment on Crunchyroll. This is a post-apocalyptic world 1000 years in the future in a society of peoples with psychic powers.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/shin-sekai-yori-from-the-new-world/episode-1-the-season-of-new-leaves-611571

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

07 Dec 2012, 12:54 am

D. Gray-Man
Ouran High School Host Club (The guy who voices Ed In FMA is also on this show, if that helps spark your interest)
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World
Canaan
Gurren Lagaan
Mushi-Shi
Baccano!

There's others that I can't remember right now.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 1:31 am

I second Bradleigh's suggestion of Puella Magi Madoka Magica, as well as MikaNeko's suggestion of Steins;Gate.

I would also like to suggest Tiger & Bunny.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 2:03 am

For those who have watched Steins;Gate, I kind of recomend you guys watch Robotics;Notes, it is apparently set in the same world, just in the year 2019. Although I was not such a bit fan of Steins;Gate, I think the characters rubbed me the wrong way, but I am enjoying Robotics;Notes. It is kind of a play on the standard robot anime, not in the way of being a parody, but in the culture. The character Frau is also awesome.

Oh BlueElephantKing, your name also reminds me of another favourite anime of mine, Inukami can be good if you want to check out some ecchi. I saw heaps of blue elephants in that show, it is hillarious if you manage to get through the first couple episodes, they are there to desensitize you.

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 10:27 am

Fist of the North Star. 152 manly episodes of post-apocalyptic martial arts action. Lots of exploding heads.

JockGitJnr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Dec 2012, 8:19 pm

Probably going to repeat a few series that have already been recommended and I don't know what you will like so I am going to just chuck a few with a quick description.

Angel Beats!: Guy wakes up dead and finds himself in pre-heaven. It's got humor and emotions in it. It's hit and miss and they did rush it a bit.
Azumanga Daioh: My absolute favourite anime ever. It's short sketches about the lives of school girls. It doesn't follow much of a story.
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!: Airing at the moment. Has some very good fight scenes and is very entertaining. Probably going to be a typical anime end though, which always disappoints me.
Clannad: If you feel like being sad, then this is a good show to watch. Clannad: After Story is more emotional, but you need to watch this first to really bond with the characters.
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou: A.K.A The Daily Lives of High School Boys. It's another slice of life comedy but with boys this time.
Durarara!!: Very complex and requres a bit of reading, but it has very good character development and story along with some action.
Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor: Nothing happens, but IT'S SO INTENSE. It has cliff hangers at the end of each episode so make sure you can control yourself before watching or you will be up for 24 hours watching it all.
K-On!: Cute girls doing Cute things. Loosely based on music.
Mirai Nikki: Action and stuff. It is good.
NHK ni Youkoso!: A.K.A Welcome to the NHK It's about a shut in and how he copes with his life. Deals with some deep issues facing certain parts of society
Nichijou: More humor from highschool girls. Different from Azumanga though
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt: Looks like Cartoon Network, but it is very adult and amusing
Redline: Even if you just watch it for the art. It was 7 years all hand drawn.
Serial Experiments Lain: I don't even know what this is about apart from it has a lot of cyber references. It was very good though.
So Ra No Wo To: Another one that nothing really happens, but it has the best ending, in my opinion, which is weird, of any anime I have watched.
Steins;Gate: Time travel how it should be done.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Robots that wont stop growing. One of the only Mecha shows I have enjoyed.
Toradora!: The greatest love story ever told.

boberman2
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Dec 2012, 12:43 am

i like hollywood movies.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 2:55 am

Dai Mahou Touge

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 4:01 am

One-Winged-Angel wrote:
Dai Mahou Touge
Oh yes, Magical Witch Punie-chan, a really good parody of the magical girl genre.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzHMi9HscAQ[/youtube]
Even funnier when you find out what the words are, behind the cute face is a personality of pure malice.

OMGitsKenny
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 7:51 am

Here's some of the animes I've enjoyed:

Fooly Cooly
Moribito: Gaurdian of the Spirit
Outlaw Star
Gungrave
Summer Wars (it's a movie, but it's a damn fine one)
Samurai Champloo

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 11:51 am

OMGitsKenny wrote:
Summer Wars (it's a movie, but it's a damn fine one)
Which can also be good with the movie The GIrl Who Leapt Through Time, since they are both animated by the same company as each other and the share the same director of the Digimon movie, which shows in a good way.

MacDragard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 1:29 am

Dragonball Z. It's the only anime I know of that actually has any meaning.