Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 3:31 pm

I'd like to know which tablet you guys think is best. I've tried out the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and the iPad 2, but I only had a very short ammount of time with the Samsung. So, which tablet is best? Feel free to suggest other tablets too.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 3:40 pm

iPad.

Sylkat

Trencher93
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Dec 2012, 4:47 pm

Too many tablets and they cost too much for anyone to try them all, so I don't know what kind of reviews you're expecting to get.

I really, really like the iPad mini. I don't think it got much attention, since it was seen as a Nexus 7 clone, but it's much lighter and has a better screen. The weight is a huge improvement over the bulky iPad, and the screen size isn't much smaller. The iPad mini may be a sleeper, but it's got a lot of good features to recommend it.

I use a Nexus 7 for Android development. It's a really smooth, nice tablet. Android 4 is a huge step up, and I can't wait for Android 2 to start disappearing. I think by 2014, Android 2 will be on the way out as people age out their older devices. Next year is going to be a transition year.

Mobile development is a difficult thing to keep up with, because any device you buy is almost instantly obsolete. Costs too much to keep buying each new generation.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 4:57 pm

(Thread moved from Random to Computers, Math, Science, and Technology )

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 5:29 pm

define best. Best for what? What priorities are given? What will it be used for, etc.

For me personally ive been waiting since the original ipad for a tablet running real OS and not a glorified phone OS. Add a touch of lack of money and wanting the real win8 instead of RT. Smaller screen for extra portability as this would be something id take everywhere, and not needing fancy things like 4glte or whatnot and for ME the best tablet is the ASUS vivotab smart.

CftxP
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Dec 2012, 5:51 pm

Yeah, it all depends on your needs really. I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and it's awesome for my needs, it's a tablet like all the others but it has over 1000 levels of pressure so for someone who loves to practice his art, this thing's perfect and relatively affordable for something the Wacom helped develop. Though I do recommend that, I think that if you do want the overall experience, yeah, go with the iPad and probably the new one. If that's a bit too pricey for you and you can deal with not having some of the features, either go with the mini or the Nexus 7 while if you focus is on reading novels alone, it's probably best to get the new Kindle HD.

However, you probably should try out more of the other Androids and maybe even the different Windows 8 convertibles, unless the Surface is enough for you.

If you want something that'll at least not be obsolete for a few, you should stay away from the Apple stuff, those things get obsolete months after a new release while the other tablets are durable (mine certainly is) and won't seem as obsolete as an iPad 2 is now, for example.

Good luck! ;)

squonk
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 11:36 pm

Sony Tablet S.

Amazing functionality and quality.

Like most branding you get what you pay for.

Highly recommended.