Hardest video game boss you've beat?

Page 1 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Einschmidt
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Dec 2012, 5:24 pm

For me Biomeka on Wonderboy (Sega Genesis)

windtreeman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Dec 2012, 5:50 pm

Man, for me, it was Gwyn, Lord of Cinder in Dark Souls. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGcEgr0KgS8 The guy in this video is a very high level. If he'd been playing with my character at that point in the game, he would have died a few dozen times, ha.

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 7:39 pm

Space Momma - Rayman. Must of used 60-70 lives before beating it. 8O

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

OMGitsKenny
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 8:46 pm

Gyorg from Majora's Mask. Not only was this boss difficult to kill, the boss battle was broken. It was by chance to even lock on to him, he'll just randomly come and nom on you without warning. Annoyingly difficult.

And I agree with windtreeman, Lord Gwen was extremely difficult. The only game I truly rage quit after the second playthrough. :p

BrokenEnvoke
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2012, 2:09 am

PerfectlyDarkTails wrote:
Space Momma - Rayman. Must of used 60-70 lives before beating it. 8O

OH GAWD

I remember never beating her so I resorted to use cheat codes to get past her.
I died a few hundred times... I really should go back and beat her ass :evil:

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 3:10 am

Ninja Gaiden(Xbox), I was stuck on Alma for months. She was the hardest boss in the whole game, because once I eventually defeated her I didn't have any issues with the rest of the game.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 5:18 am

I know that I have had some shockers, but I seem to have mentally blocked most of then.

I can think of Galactor in Marvel vs Campcom 3, seeing that loseing screen enough times to have a great trauma, a nmber of his moves could not be blocked effectivly, And I guess equal frustration with Alpha 152 from Dead Or Alive 4 is also pretty tough, her moves were so glitchy that if she decided to use certain moves there was no chance, having some luck was required, and she could use one combo to almost take out all of your health if you had not been hit yet, plus I swear it could keep track of my own combos, and could teleport. Yeah I managed to get fairly proficient at beating her with one or two characters, but beating her with other could feel like impossible.

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 8:31 am

windtreeman wrote:
Man, for me, it was Gwyn, Lord of Cinder in Dark Souls. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGcEgr0KgS8 The guy in this video is a very high level. If he'd been playing with my character at that point in the game, he would have died a few dozen times, ha.

I didn't think Gwyn was difficult at all, even on the first playthrough. The Four Kings on the other hand, were a pain.

BrokenEnvoke
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2012, 8:35 am

CrystalStars wrote:
windtreeman wrote:

I didn't think Gwyn was that difficult, even on the first playthrough. The Four Kings on the other hand..

Really? I thought Four Kings was a joke when I rammed their asses down.
Then again the battle is just a dps race and I had a really good weapon at that point.

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 9:16 am

^ I was using an 8 Vit build. Also, all but one of Gwyn's attack can be parried, and he's super easy to stagger. I just had a particularly rough time with The Four Kings.

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 10:21 am

Probably something from the Ys series.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 10:51 am

It depends, really. Do games with difficulty settings count? There are some, like Halo or Metal Gear Solid, where the differences between each of them are quite large. So I guess I'd count MGS3 and some of the Halo games on the higher difficulties, along with EarthDefenseForce 2017 and both Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Then again, I didn't actually finish them on higher difficulties.

Some of the Zelda games have been a bit challenging. Almost finished the first game without dying once(settled for beating it with a total of 1 deaths), Majora's Mask can be tough at points, Oracle of Ages is definitely hard, and I managed to do a 6 heart run of Skyward Sword's Hero mode.

Killer7 was a rough but fun time, and got even more difficult towards the end. No More Heroes not so much, though I did die a lot to both Bad Girl and Jeanne. The second form of the last boss in NMH2 is notorious for being cheap.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 2:49 am

I second Biomeka in Wonderboy. Far harder than anything I've encountered in anything since, including the Souls series. The amount of hazards that caused knockback meant that most of the time you struggled just to keep from getting stunlocked.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

10 Dec 2012, 3:24 am

Dr. Wily in the original Mega Man. That was one bad boy I had to defeat.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

BeauZa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Dec 2012, 5:13 am

Ultimecia from Final Fantasy VIII was incorrigible. For the length of the battle, each Game Over meant about thirty minutes I would never see again; I almost wept when I finally slew her.

Darialan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Dec 2012, 3:32 pm

The final boss from Final Fantasy XIII-2 was hard as nails. You really need to have nerves of steel and pay very close attention to the little messages that indicate you need to have your characters block and heal asap.

Right now i'm having problems with the final boss of Skyward Sword. I'm taking a break since i hurt my arms and shoulders.