Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2012, 11:07 am

The funniest part is that the conventional view is that belief in this God that predestines people for Hell is credited with all that is good, with all progress and civilisation as we know it! People were backward, the dominant thinking goes, until suddenly some started believing in a God that decides to condemn people to Hell before even creating them. Then things began to move and all industrialisation and prosperity and advancement began that otherwise would not have, all led by those who believe that a God creates people just to torture them for eternity!

fMR1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jun 2013, 7:06 pm

artrat wrote:
The bible is filled with the killings of God.

In my opinion God is far worse than Hitler,Stalin or any other person in history that has done unforgivable deeds.
God is just plain sick and hardly anything in the bible is moral in my book. WTF?

God is possible the worst villan in all mythology. What sort of sick spirit would allow his own damn son to be tortured and killed?

I personally think the world will be better without worshipping a God that committed genocide and killed more people than the devil.

:D God may.......?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 8:55 pm

fMR1 wrote:
artrat wrote:
The bible is filled with the killings of God.

In my opinion God is far worse than Hitler,Stalin or any other person in history that has done unforgivable deeds.
God is just plain sick and hardly anything in the bible is moral in my book. WTF?

God is possible the worst villan in all mythology. What sort of sick spirit would allow his own damn son to be tortured and killed?

I personally think the world will be better without worshipping a God that committed genocide and killed more people than the devil.

:D God may.......?

God designed us all to be mortal. Planned obsolesence.

So we will all croak because of his will.

So...does that make us ALL God's "murder victims"?

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 6:38 am

God has a 100% kill rate, except some worms and jellyfish who are on to something.

God is death. We are life, I am joining the jellyfish.

Expanding our numbers, and the length of our lives, is war with god.

We have put an end to a lot of, "As God wills."

Making deals, Religion, is now called Stockholm Syndrome.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 3:12 am

ruveyn wrote:
thewhitrbbit wrote:

The one thing you usually will see though, is those who God kills were sinning.

Had the very young infants and toddlers of Sodom and Gemorrah sinned?

ruveyn

Of course not. Whenever people saw something terrible happening to others in the ancient world, they assumed it was God or the gods punishing them. I don't believe we humans invented God, but I certainly think we read our own motives and opinions into him.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer