Jitro
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 11:59 pm

Anyone here like being at Home Depot?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

07 Dec 2012, 12:18 am

I love Home Depot. It always smells like fresh-cut wood. :)

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 12:23 am

I like the smell of the wood, looking at all the stuff and any interesting shoes ladies there might be wearing. Don't care for the sensory assault by way of forklifts beeping and overhead announcements, or the fools clogging the aisles in certain sections

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 12:39 am

Jitro wrote:

Big box stores make me feel like I've died, and gone to hell. :wall:

heatherbk
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Dec 2012, 9:12 pm

I can literally spend hours in there looking for little home improvement projects :P

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 11:44 am

They have a plant sale 75%off in the fall,I never miss it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 1:08 pm

I enjoy looking at all the different types of light bulbs and night lights when I go in there. :)

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 12:47 am

I like to go there and spend time looking around at all of the equipment and materials I could use to build stuff, the plants/herbs, seeds to grow, ect...

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2013, 11:42 am

Like a home center? Actually I want to shop in a nearby home center, but the air has a chemical smell that gives me a headache all the time I go there 8O i feel sick if I am inside there too long. I need fresh air!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Mar 2013, 3:53 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
I love Home Depot. It always smells like fresh-cut wood. :)

That smell aggravates my sinuses.

Max000 wrote:
Jitro wrote:

Big box stores make me feel like I've died, and gone to hell. :wall:

My dad's a carpenter so I've been there alot along with Lowes & other hardware stores. I'm always glad to leave them & go back home. I never got into construction stuff partly because of physical disabilities & I don't own a home so i have no need to go there.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Mar 2013, 12:01 pm

I go there often due to need (my wife and I own rental properties, and I do all the repairs and upkeep), plus we are always needing things for the avocado ranch.

My only issues with going there, are related to feeling out-of-place somehow. I guess it's similar to when I was the nerd in school, and had to in the cafeteria or common areas with the "popular" kids such as the football players, etc. I felt like I was being judged as if to imagine that the others were thinking "what are you doing here... You belong in the library and not the gym", or something like that unspoken.

At Home Depot, I guess the age 20-something average construction workers who are usually there for supplies, and even the employees who are also of that ilk, look at me as if I'm not part of their group. The funny thing is that I've never actually had any negative experiences whatsoever with anyone like that. It's just a feeling of being an outsider which is an uneasy feeling that I constantly have to suppress, and I'm sure it shows. I look just like all the other young men in there, so it's not as if I were going in to buy lumber while wearing business trousers and a tie, or something, so I guess 90% of it is in my head. (I wear worn Levi's jeans, work boots and T-shirts normally... Just fyi; in my avatar picture, I'm wearing gym shorts & compression shirt, which I only wear for workouts. Obviously I'd get looked at funny if I wore that stuff elsewhere.

Charles