Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

MacDragard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 1:33 am

f**k yeah, and you're as clumsy as you are stupid if you disagree.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 2:41 am

Hm, I never thought about that. He certainly sees things in black and white terms.
But what about his physical coordination and dexterity in battle? He hardly seems like an a physically awkward Aspie.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

JasperIan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Dec 2012, 3:38 am

I think Haden Christenson might be an Aspie.

CornerPuzzlePieces
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Dec 2012, 4:14 am

The force is mediocre with this one. :wink:

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 5:01 am

I think he's more of a functioning psychotic. I mean, like Norman Bates; it all goes back to his mom.

We are not so different from potted plants in that, if given everything we need to be properly nourished, the outcome can be incredibly contrary to when we are not. A flower won't grow in flour, and neither can we.

vk2goh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Dec 2012, 5:40 am

he's good a fixing things and a good starfighter pilot, so I wouldn't say he's an aspie

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 8:04 am

vk2goh wrote:
he's good a fixing things and a good starfighter pilot, so I wouldn't say he's an aspie

How is that evidence against him being an aspie?

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

MacDragard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 9:47 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Hm, I never thought about that. He certainly sees things in black and white terms.
But what about his physical coordination and dexterity in battle? He hardly seems like an a physically awkward Aspie.

He moves slow and comes close to tripping over stuff all the time. He probably would if it wasn't for the force.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 11:02 am

No, he moves slowly because most of his body is made of cybernetic prosthetics. He was a very skilled Jedi when he was human. He did have obsessive and narrow interests, like his obsessive interest for machines in his childhood (hell, he was a great pilot even after he became Darth Vader) and his single-minded pursuit of a way to protect Padmé from death (which resulted in his joining the Dark Side). And his social skills were a little off, but that was probably more due to George Lucas' inability to make a good script than anything else.

Maybe he just had an ambiguous disorder, like most other fictional characters.

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 12:18 pm

Magnus_Rex wrote:
No, he moves slowly because most of his body is made of cybernetic prosthetics. He was a very skilled Jedi when he was human. He did have obsessive and narrow interests, like his obsessive interest for machines in his childhood (hell, he was a great pilot even after he became Darth Vader) and his single-minded pursuit of a way to protect Padmé from death (which resulted in his joining the Dark Side). And his social skills were a little off, but that was probably more due to George Lucas' inability to make a good script than anything else.

Maybe he just had an ambiguous disorder, like most other fictional characters.

Makes sense to me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 12:25 pm

Magnus_Rex wrote:
... probably more due to George Lucas' inability to make a good script than anything else. Maybe he just had an ambiguous disorder, like most other fictional characters.

Fictional characters have whatever fictional disorders are assigned to them. The only SW characters that acted any way 'normal' were the ... uh ... er ... hmm ...

Can I get back to you on this?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 12:46 pm

Fnord wrote:
Fictional characters have whatever fictional disorders are assigned to them. The only SW characters that acted any way 'normal' were the ... uh ... er ... hmm ...

Can I get back to you on this?

Uhhh... No, that will not be necessary... maybe...? LOOK, a real AT-AT!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34tgu7ULkeM[/youtube]

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 8:17 pm

Most likely yes.Only cause my therapist thinks I have lots in common with him.No joke.