Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

wblastyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2006, 8:13 am

Hi all, I'm currently in my 2nd year of university and our exam week is two weeks after Christmas. I have to start studying now because I have to go over absolutely everything perfectly (aspie trait).

For my 1st semester exams in 1st year I was a little stressed but nothing out of the ordinary. I managed to do pretty well, I came top of the class in one of them.

For my 2nd semester exams in 1st year I had severe panic attacks during the study period. I haven't felt as bad as that in a long time. I suffer(ed) from social phobia and the only other time I felt like that was before oral presentations in school. I was vomiting and couldn't eat for weeks. I have no idea what caused it. Luckily I had done enough studying before the panic attacks began to pass my exams.

This time I feel like I did last year, I'm waking up every morning feeling nauseous, vomiting and not being able to eat anything. I'm so sick of feeling like this, it's making it difficult for me to study effectively.

I think part of the reason is that the study period is such a huge change from the regular "go-to-class" period. It disrupts the routine you build up during the year. Obviously as an aspie I hate change and having my routine disrupted.

Another thing is that studying is so boring. My psychologist told me that AS has traits that mimic ADHD, so I'm thinking maybe I have some Inattentive ADHD traits that makings doing boring things difficult for me.

Does anyone have any advice that could help me through this horrible period? Would medication like ritalin be useful?

Space
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2006, 4:00 pm

Don't worry so much about it? It's only school. Just do your best and you'll be fine.