Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kityrs
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Dec 2012, 6:32 pm

I AM ALSO NEW AND HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO WORK THE SITE :S
I WROTE A BLOG BUT DONT KNOW IF PEOPLE CAN SEE IT ?

ava777
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Dec 2012, 9:57 am

My mother is a therapist and even she was surprised when I was diagnosed at 26.
My friend told me she didn't think so (now she's considering getting tested for AS too.)
My biggest clue is when my friend said I had one-way converesation
I also am in sales and wanted to do my best. I started taking salescourses and figured out I was different.

Anyways, I felt so relieved. I was on the cusp constantly. From a logical point of view knowing for sure freed up energy worring into productive energy learning about it and coming here "knowing" I was an aspie.

Financailly speaking- pay you bills and feed yourself, but if you have extra money I think it was worth it. Now my therapist can treat my other issues with that perspective in mind,

caer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Dec 2012, 10:25 am

Thank you, i think i will do that.

I am very often complained to about my conversation too, and my inability to know when it's my turn to talk =(

I'll see my doctor next week and discuss it and the cost

caer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Apr 2013, 1:24 pm

Dear All,

I am perhaps at the very edge, i am not sure. I feel horrible and don't know what to do next. I have not had the courage to see my doctor since my last post which will be the obvious answer the problems i pose in this post. I suppose that means that this post is being made more for me than anyone else. It doesn't really feel that way to me, but it just seems obvious that that is so... Very strange. Regardless, i feel so anxious of late that i don't know what will happen if i continue to do nothing and let my situation deteriorate even further. I am near destitution and am living on charity. I have eaten from bins several times of late, and in fact it has proven lucratively frugal.

I simply don't know what to do. I should see my shrink. I am embarrassed to see him without being able to pay. I have been abusing what alcohol i can prucure by theft or providence. I am behind on rent and dreading an eviction notice, which by all rights should have come weeks ago. I want to be dead, but haven't the courage to kill myself... In fact i expect my desire for life (regardless of quality) will overpower my wish for death forever, which in an absurd way is a fact even more frightening than the prospect of death itself.

I am very drunk right now, i think i have consumed about ten 375 mL beers of roughly 5% v:v alcohol content, lovingly donated by relatives none the wiser to my dilemma. I think i need to hear from reformed addicts, i have been abusing alcohol, and while i am clear of drugs for the last couple of years, i have had the propensity to use drugs in the past (especially opuim (which i grew (!) myself), and cannabis). Scratch that; for the last couple of months i have been abusing cannabis as well. Suffice to say i didn't pay for it but i will not have the opportunity to produre any more without paying for it from now on.

Sigh.

ShelbyGt500
Toucan
Toucan

07 Apr 2013, 4:36 pm

caer wrote:
Thanks.

Does anyone have any input about what i should do, both for myself and ethically? I am a little stuck.

I am also concerned with the cost of further action, i am financially lacking, to say the least.

Welcome!

I'd start with "Feeling Good" by David Burn:

http://www.feelinggood.com/

It is a general book on coping/cognitive reasoning along with some self-diagnosis sections. It's a good read for anyone and everyone, regardless of mental condition.

There are several books on autism in the "Books" section of this website:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/books.html

Good luck!

Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 115 of 200
Both Aspie and neurotypical traits
Autistic characteristics: No communication by facial expression or tone of voice. Direct eye gaze.

DarkRain
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 6:11 pm

Feralucce wrote:
Your greatest tool is a formal diagnosis. Only a psychiatric professional is able to get you the action plan and medication that may or may not be needed

Yep, yep. :)