Women wearing yoga pants=female equivalent of men wearing

Page 5 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Alycat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2007
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,735
Location: Birmingham, UK

10 Feb 2013, 8:22 am

It's also really good for people with body image issues.


_________________
If you don't believe in dragons it is curiously true, that the dragons you disparage choose to not believe in you.


muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,500

10 Feb 2013, 10:25 am

Alycat wrote:
It's also really good for people with body image issues.


What do you mean.


_________________
"I watched a change in you, It's like you never had wings, now you feel so alive"


timatron
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2013
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 121

10 Feb 2013, 6:57 pm

I think it should be mandatory for all sexy women to wear these yoga pants at all times of the day and in all situations



musicforanna
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jun 2006
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 965
Location: Kansas City, Missouri

11 Feb 2013, 6:03 am

timatron wrote:
I think it should be mandatory for all sexy women to wear these yoga pants at all times of the day and in all situations

I'm not here wearing yoga pants to appease you. Sit down. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:



virtue_hearts
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 21

12 Feb 2013, 10:45 am

maybe we just need to start a new trend, guys wearing ballet pants, cause their pretty comfortable... then we'll feel equality :)

edit: btw i see nothing wrong with women wearing them..



Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jul 2012
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,944

12 Feb 2013, 11:51 am

virtue_hearts wrote:
maybe we just need to start a new trend, guys wearing ballet pants, cause their pretty comfortable... then we'll feel equality :)

edit: btw i see nothing wrong with women wearing them..


I´d agree with you. So if you ever visited ballet, man in tight pants with that kind of ... back...

Image

... can be really rauuuuurrrr.... ^^

Edit: And yes, the guy IS wearing trousers. :)



blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Apr 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 10,876
Location: Behind the wheel

19 Feb 2013, 7:03 am

timatron wrote:
I think it should be mandatory for all sexy women to wear these yoga pants at all times of the day and in all situations


Yes it should be compulsory for all women to face degradation whenever they leave their house :roll:


As for me I'm not sure what yoga pants are. Like sports track pants that are slim in the hips and butt and baggy down the leg? Leggings/tights? The hippie/Balinese type wide leg pants made from linen/cotton? Or Harem pants?

I only wear leggings at home as PJ pants. I've noticed that most women who wear them, their leggings.....are a little see through :?
I'm a big fan of people not knowing what colour undies I have on so leave the house with leggings on I don't. I've thought leggings (just plain black ones) look ok with a tunic style short dress over the top but those kinda dresses don't look good on me.



LKL
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2007
Age: 43
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,938

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,616
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

06 Mar 2013, 5:12 am

I skimmed the thread and didn't see anyone answer this: Yes, they make yoga pants for men. And kids.

I've never worn a pair. I just wear a pair of running shorts whenever I have a yoga stretch session/workout/run/swim etc. I'm not sure if any of the mainstream companies even make them in a long enough inseam for me - I've never bothered to look because I can't justify spending $$$ on a pair of pants when a simple pair of shorts functions perfectly for the exercise. It's all about fashion & somewhat about status w/ the price perception of quality etc - none of which I care about.

Just thought I'd also add that yoga pants have made local man Chip Wilson a Billionaire for what he's done for women's asses everywhere! :lol: Seriously. He's the local founder of Lululemon and now has a net worth of over $1B. Not bad for a guy who sold his last clothing company for enough to pay the debts it owed! (Westbeach)



f9
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 3 Mar 2015
Posts: 189

03 Mar 2015, 5:33 pm

Just came across this thread and was surprised … no, not by opinions or the OP question itself or anything but … by how many (probably) ladies even in aspie forum seem to actually be OK to wear yoga leggings … and even call them comfortable! (@@)

I'd love to wear fitting clothing but I can't! Too tight!!
The inner sewing line of leggings feels like eating into my skin and the feeling of some stuff around the calves … ahhhh, what a relief to peel them off!! !! Even if I try one size too big - leggings are just unbearable because they hug the legs and doesn't let the legs to breathe!

(PS. I know anatomically speaking legs do not breathe and skin does not breathe, I just call the feeling of no fabric touching 'breathing' because it feels like that)

So are sensory issues with thighs clothing rarer than I thought, I wonder??

I LIVE in PJ type pants when in colder climates.



TUF
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2018
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,464

09 Mar 2019, 3:29 pm

I used to wear leggings (I think it's the same thing) at exactly the wrong time for sex. If you have tummy ache they're comfortable.

That's back before I lived in jogging bottoms and mostly wore menswear.

Used to wonder why my boyfriend got aroused when I said 'mostly I just hang about the house in my leggings'.

I think the female equivalent of muscle shirts is hot pants or something. Mind you, I like short shorts on both sexes but that's just me.

(And before anyone quotes me and shows me a picture of an ugly man wearing them... obviously an ugly woman wearing them is also not what I'm on about)



RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Dec 2008
Age: 59
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,495

14 Apr 2019, 8:39 pm

yoga pants. no wait, tights or leotard



RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Dec 2008
Age: 59
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,495

14 Apr 2019, 8:41 pm

Schneekugel wrote:
virtue_hearts wrote:
maybe we just need to start a new trend, guys wearing ballet pants, cause their pretty comfortable... then we'll feel equality :)

edit: btw i see nothing wrong with women wearing them..


I´d agree with you. So if you ever visited ballet, man in tight pants with that kind of ... back...

Image

... can be really rauuuuurrrr.... ^^

Edit: And yes, the guy IS wearing trousers. :)


I would imagine that they get really smelly, really fast. :wink:



TUF
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2018
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,464

15 Apr 2019, 3:17 am

f9 wrote:
Just came across this thread and was surprised … no, not by opinions or the OP question itself or anything but … by how many (probably) ladies even in aspie forum seem to actually be OK to wear yoga leggings … and even call them comfortable! (@@)

I'd love to wear fitting clothing but I can't! Too tight!!
The inner sewing line of leggings feels like eating into my skin and the feeling of some stuff around the calves … ahhhh, what a relief to peel them off!! ! ! Even if I try one size too big - leggings are just unbearable because they hug the legs and doesn't let the legs to breathe!

(PS. I know anatomically speaking legs do not breathe and skin does not breathe, I just call the feeling of no fabric touching 'breathing' because it feels like that)

So are sensory issues with thighs clothing rarer than I thought, I wonder??

I LIVE in PJ type pants when in colder climates.


If you wear leggings that actually fit (sometimes a size over what officially fits) they are very comfy.

Not sure if yoga pants are the same thing as leggings or not.

Because they're not tight actually and their waistband is like a PJ waistband and they don't have added details and are made of cotton.

(bit like thin jogging bottoms)



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 30,768
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

16 Apr 2019, 12:21 am

I was kind of thinking of getting some pants kind of like that, except not the spandex skin tight ones per say. I like the ones that are a little more puffy like they fit nice but they aren't skin tight and they go in a bit more at the ankles(maybe those aren't yoga pants but I have seen them categorized that way at stores) but I think something like that could be super comfortable.


_________________
Welcome to hell, this is the end.