Too many problems for a mate..

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

catsarenice
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Dec 2006, 1:51 am

Hi everyone,
Are there any girls in the world that won't hate me because about 3-4 days a week I get "stuck in my mind" and find it impossible to even say something like hi whats up that day?

I just wish I could find a girl that will take care of me when I'm low and not get mad at me for things I have no control over.

the holidays are depressing
thats it for now....

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2006, 10:08 pm

I'm afraid that I might be too low-functioning to have a lover.

Seigneur
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Dec 2006, 11:08 pm

catsarenice wrote:
Hi everyone,
Are there any girls in the world that won't hate me because about 3-4 days a week I get "stuck in my mind" and find it impossible to even say something like hi whats up that day?

I just wish I could find a girl that will take care of me when I'm low and not get mad at me for things I have no control over.

the holidays are depressing
thats it for now....

That sounds like just one problem. How's that too many?

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2006, 11:12 pm

What's left of my 'social life' will probably end soon. I'm too odd.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2006, 7:04 pm

I'm too strange to have a mate.

alex
Developer
Developer

25 Dec 2006, 7:11 pm

Starbuline wrote:
What's left of my 'social life' will probably end soon. I'm too odd.

Why is it going to end? Also, what social life did you have in the past?

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2006, 7:18 pm

I'm getting sick of having people around me. I don't even really like them. They have poor taste in music, art, and movies. And they don't respect my love for Russia.

headphase
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2006, 7:26 pm

Starbuline wrote:
I'm getting sick of having people around me. I don't even really like them. They have poor taste in music, art, and movies. And they don't respect my love for Russia.

do they think you're a commie?

Alicorn
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Dec 2006, 7:27 pm

Typically people don't want someone they have to 'take care of.'

It's not because most people are dicks... (even though most are)... but it's because most people have enough problems of their own they don't want to have to deal with someone else's problem.

On top of that, think about this: If you met two girls, both were girls you could love and everything else was equal would you rather be with the person who needed 3-day a week care, or the person who was lower maintinance. For the most part human social behavior is economic behavior, why pay more for the same item?

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2006, 7:57 pm

headphase wrote:
Starbuline wrote:

do they think you're a commie?

Perhaps....Not that I mind though.

catsarenice
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Dec 2006, 3:44 am

Thanks for replying everyone, I appreciate it. I realize I'm probably no good for anyone and thats ok.

On the bright side, my love for music keeps me company, and I can simply turn off my computer
when I'm bored with it.

NeoPlatonist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Dec 2006, 2:09 pm

I'm not actively looking for more than friendship with members of the opposite sex. I feel like I am quite the reverse of a good catch. I am very emotionally detached and I suck at all the little things you need to do to show love. I wouldn't want a girl to be stuck with me because I'd just make her unhappy. I also don't want a girl so selfless she can put up with me. I'm not worthy of a saint.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2006, 11:40 pm

catsrnice.

mate, I used to think that I wasn't worth it ere. Up until my first actual relationship. that lasted for about 6-7 months, before it ended on a tragically lowbeat note. however, what I would like to know, before I offer my advice, is how old you are. that will then free me up for my usual psycotheraputic ramblings.

Neoplatonist.

interesting. too bad I don't live where you are, you would be a great study for me, and possibly if I did end up as a Psych Grad student, a continuing study.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2006, 1:08 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm too strange to have a mate.

No-one's too strange. Obviously very socially obnoxious, inept or low-functioning people will find it tricky to find a partner but for everyone else (which includes you) there is still all to play for. So, in the words of Brian Potter, "stop crappin' and get crackin'"!

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2006, 1:25 am

catsarenice wrote:
Hi everyone,

What do you mean by "no control over?" Or by stuck in your mind? If you mean to say that some days you just, idunno, shut down in terms of social interaction, some people will understand that. Some may even appreciate the difficulty it causes.

If, however, the only face you present to the world is one that says "I've only got negative attributes," well, its like being a car salesman. Car salesmen don't say "This car has 250,000 miles!" they say the car has been broken in a bit. I'm not saying you should simply sugar-coat whatever issues you consider yourself to have, simply that you shouldn't only consider them. Everyone has positive attributes. Believe me, I don't like saying that, because if that weren't the case I have a couple people, exes and the like, that I could legitimately hate. Instead I'm stuck hating things they did, since I still have to appreciate certain aspects of them.

Everything has good and bad, in whatever terms you want to consider. Your real goal isn't finding someone that will "put up" with you, its finding someone that's a good fit for you, a good "match" as so many people seem to like to say. Sure, perfect matches could exist, but even if they don't, good matches do exist. You just have to be a bit patient and not give up.

NeoPlatonist wrote:
I'm not actively looking for more than friendship with members of the opposite sex. I feel like I am quite the reverse of a good catch. I am very emotionally detached and I suck at all the little things you need to do to show love. I wouldn't want a girl to be stuck with me because I'd just make her unhappy. I also don't want a girl so selfless she can put up with me. I'm not worthy of a saint.

This is a point someone tried to make me understand once. She did a "reasonable" job. Your view of yourself isn't the deciding factor for the member of the opposite sex. It is their view of you. Your view of yourself matters to them, of course, and if you keep saying you aren't "worthy," some will get fed up with you simply because you refuse to listen to them, but in deciding whether or not you are worthy of ___________, well, to __________, your opinion has been noted but doesn't override their opinion.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2006, 6:29 pm

Maybe they'd understand if you mentioned that problem to them?

Just try not to attract the crazy ones like I always seem to do :lol: