Advantages to Being Dateless

Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 10:38 pm

Nambo wrote:
You can wear the same underpants all week.

... and take them off only for dates.

;)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 10:56 pm

Fnord wrote:
Nambo wrote:
You can wear the same underpants all week.

... and take them off only for dates.

;)

If you can get them un-stuck and peel them off, that is... *Sssscchhhhhhmloppblbbtt*

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 11:01 pm

26. Being free from the experience of having your date's undies going "*Sssscchhhhhhmloppblbbtt*" when he or she removes them.
EEEEEWWWWWWWW!! ! :eew:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

noxnocturne
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 11:59 pm

Fnord wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
<--- Waiting for the post "Advantages of Dating."

Why don't you start one?

billiscool wrote:
cool thread.

Thanks!

In all honesty, I don't see any advantages in dating. It's not something that's a big deal.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2012, 12:34 am

Fnord wrote:
26. Being free from the experience of having your date's undies going "*Sssscchhhhhhmloppblbbtt*" when he or she removes them.

Hahahahhahahaha!

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2012, 1:41 am

Free from having your date make a "quick trip to the powder room" in the middle of you telling them about your truly special interest. Or, excusing themselves to unstick their underwear.

Free from having your blind date get drunk, insult your client and get you fired, having her ex following you around and harassing you, trashing your car, and ultimately getting yourself arrested after you force him to do the moonwalk at gunpoint

Free from waking up in a bathtub filled with ice and feeling a dull ache in your side, discovering a crudely sutured incision there and finding a note saying "Call 911"

Free from being roused from unconsciousness by the song "Goodbye Horses" blaring from somewhere nearby

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2012, 1:43 am

Fnord wrote:

I aim to please! :D

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2012, 2:28 am

noxnocturne wrote:
Fnord wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
<--- Waiting for the post "Advantages of Dating."

Why don't you start one?

billiscool wrote:
cool thread.

Thanks!

In all honesty, I don't see any advantages in dating. It's not something that's a big deal.

Dating has 3 advantages: starting a relationship or casual sex or getting new friends.

Anything else is s**t ;p

ColdEyesWarmHeart
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Dec 2012, 6:19 am

Freedom from all the drama of did he/didn't me like me? When should I call him? Is the rule 2 days or 3? Or should I wait for him to call me?

Freedom from worrying over whether he'll be insulted if I offer to pay my half if he wants to treat me. Dinner with friends, everyone pays their own way every time!

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2012, 8:57 am

Fnord wrote:
I
Fnord's Top 20 Advantages to Being Dateless:

1. You are free from being hit on by some creep who thinks that paying for your dinner means that you owe him some "action".

2. You are free from being pressured into taking the relationship to the "next level".

3. You are free to choose where you're going.

4. You are free to go home whenever you choose.

5. You are free to stay home if you want to.

6. You are free from other people's emotional "baggage".

7. You are free from having to pay for someone else's meals.

8. You are free from having to provide someone else's transportation.

9. You are free from having to make up ridiculous lies to get out of a bad date.

10. You are free from having to put on an act to impress our date.

11. You are free from dates that feel more like job interviews.

12. You are free from having to spend an entire week's pay in one night just to impress your date.

13. You are free from ever being stood up.

14. You are free from feeling pressured to "put out" when you really just want to be friends.

15. You are free from being accused of "Date Rape".

16. You are free from discovering that your date is already married.

17. You are free from finding out that your date has made an enemy of the local crime boss.

18. You are free from finding out that law enforcement has a warrant out for your date's arrest.

19. You are free from being the victim when your date pulls off the old "I forgot my wallet" trick.

20. You are free from having to listen to your date's personal obsession for hours on end.

This sounds like it is catering to woman more then men, especially the first one.

You are also free from having to babysit your dates kids if they have any.

You are free to *bash* yourself whenever you like!

TommyGun991
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Dec 2012, 11:56 am

Oh my, that's so true and those are mostly reasons I don't date.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2012, 12:49 pm

But due to the fact you will not spawn, it remains an evolutionary disadvantage

ColdEyesWarmHeart
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Dec 2012, 12:54 pm

Surfman wrote:
But due to the fact you will not spawn, it remains an evolutionary disadvantage

I don't know, humans have overpopulated the world, aren't slowing down on baby-making and are doing ever more damage to the planet. The human race and the world in general needs more non-spawners.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2012, 1:02 pm

And nature is obliging by making them. Plenty of non spawning aspies coming through.

When a species places too much load on an ecosystem, through breeding and increased populations, the ecosystem limitations then limits future offspring numbers

Aspies being born is what the world needs now!
Is love
sweet love
just one thing
too [much] off

Many family dynasties will die with us

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2012, 3:30 pm

Revised List -- I've taken some of your suggestions and modified them somewhat, replaced one or two of my own with better ones, included the "Stolen Kidney" urban legend, changed the name of the list (I hope Alex doesn't mind), and alphabetized the entries. Enjoy!

WP's List of Advantages to Being Dateless:

1. You are free from being accused of "Date Rape".

2. You are free from being followed and harassed by your date's ex.

3. You are free from being hit on by some creep who thinks that paying for your dinner means that you owe him some "action".

4. You are free from being pressured into taking the relationship to the "next level".

5. You are free from being the victim when your date pulls off the old "I forgot my wallet" trick.

6. You are free from dates that feel more like job interviews.

7. You are free from discovering that your date is already married.

8. You are free from ever being stood up.

9. You are free from feeling pressured to "put out" when you really just want to be friends.

10. You are free from finding out that law enforcement has a warrant out for your date's arrest.

11. You are free from finding out that your date has made an enemy of the local crime boss.

12. You are free from having to deal with a person who believes that every date must lead to sexual activity.

13. You are free from having to deal with an obsessed psychopath who considers one date to be a declaration of betrothal.

14. You are free from having to discuss philosophies, politics, or religious doctrines that are not yours.

15. You are free from having to explain what "Stimming" is and why you do it.

16. You are free from having to listen to your date suggest all kinds of crackpot "cures" for your AS/HFA.

17. You are free from having to listen to your date theorize all kinds of crackpot reasons as why you have AS/HFA.

18. You are free from having to listen to your date theorize all kinds of crackpot reasons why you could not possibly have AS/HFA.

19. You are free from having to listen to your date's personal obsession for hours on end.

20. You are free from having to make up ridiculous lies to get out of a bad date.

21. You are free from having to pay for someone else's meals.

22. You are free from having to provide someone else's transportation.

23. You are free from having to put on an act to impress our date.

24. You are free from having to spend an entire week's pay in one night just to impress your date.

25. You are free from having your date make a "quick trip to the powder room" in the middle of the date, and never coming back.

26. You are free from other people's emotional "baggage".

27. You are free from the anxiety of wondering if your date was really into you or was just being nice to you.

28. You are free from the embarrassment of having to explain to your date's parents how he or she got so drunk.

29. You are free from the humiliation of your date going home with someone else.

30. You are free from waking up in a bathtub filled with ice, feeling a dull ache in your side, discovering a crudely sutured incision there and finding a crudely-scrawled note saying "Call 911".

31. You are free from worrying over whether or not your date will be insulted if you offer to pay half, or if you have to ask for your date to pay half.

32. You are free to choose where you're going.

33. You are free to go home whenever you choose.

34. You are free to stay home if you want to.

aspiesandra27
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2012, 6:43 pm

We learn something every day. Numbers 16, 17 and 18 were an eye opener. I thought I was the only one who had to endure this kind of crap in the past? :roll:

Not just from dates, but mainly (and unfortunately) from NT friends...