Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

forkful_of_soup
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Dec 2012, 9:17 pm

Just talk about what you like to drink! I enjoy beer and I'm lucky enough to have a wonderful craft brewery here in my hometown. My favorite is one they make called Three Blind Mice. Someday I'd love to go on a "beer tour" across the country, visiting different craft breweries and tasting what they make. For commercial brands I like Samuel Adam's Oktoberfest, too bad it's seasonal. It's funny that I'm snobby about my beer, but I prefer cheap wine. I'm talking like $5 a bottle and under; I don't have a very refined taste for wine! And I only drink red because for some reason white gives me a stomach ache. I'm not much of a liquor drinker, and the only time I drink anything other than beer or wine is the occasional margarita when I go to a Mexican restaurant.

So what about you? Are you a wine geek? A beer lover? A whiskey, rum, vodka, or tequila enthusiast? What are your favorites? Do you enjoy cocktails? Got any recipes? I'm not looking for drunken adventure stories here, just tell me about what your favorite drinks are.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

12 Dec 2012, 9:58 pm

I used to drink whatever was the cheepest. natural ice, milwakees best ice, anything with the name "ice" after the name. I could never bring myself to drink malt liquor like Old English, although I did drink stuff Like Steel Reserve on occasion wich was probably the equivalant to Old E. Never really was a wine drinker, Or Hard Liquor. I could also never eat and drink at the same time, I needed to get drunk not full
:D

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2012, 10:14 pm

For Liqour I tend to stick with bourbon on the rocks and have it rarely.

For wine I also like red especially Zinfandel, Merlot, or Pinot Noir. I will buy something basic but decent like Blackstone Red Wine for about $7. A standard wine I prefer is Toasted Head for about $10, but as I'm on a college student budget I have also purchases the occasional Box Wine.

I'm pleased to say my state of Michigan does have two very good breweries: Founder's from Grand Rapids, MI and New Holland from Holland, MI. New Holland Brewery makes one of my favorite beers called Dragon's Milk though it's not cheap. Founder's makes some very good Stouts and Porters.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 6:46 pm

Been awhile since I drank! I was busy focusing on fitness goals, so no time for it! But today I am celebrating with a delicious limited edition oatmeal stout, ice cold. Now this is a hardy beer, I taste strong flavors of chocolate, coffee beans, licorice, and a bit of bread! It's smooth but thick. Oh the aftertaste lingers on and on, it is very strong in licorice, roasted coffe beans, chocolate, and a bit of a bready taste to come along with it just like I drank it, it remains. Ahhh.. and at a relaxing 7% ABV. Lovely! I think I'll try the Snow Cap now, from what I have read it is a delicious ale with similar flavor. I love these holiday and winter season limited editions craft beers. Mmmh. Almost time for dinner. I'll be havin' homecooked fried chicken, a small side of mashed potatoes, and some roasted vegetables. What a relaxing day...

Aalto
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Dec 2012, 8:41 pm

Sounds good Pondering.

Tonight I've had a pint bottle of my local: Little Valley Moor Ale (5.5% ABV), a smoky bitter. I topped that off with a dram of Dalwhinnie. Yesterday was halves of Timothy Taylor's Dark Mild and some beer from a place called Bob's Brewery which I think is a new local one, and a bottle of Timmermans Strawberry afterwards and a dram of Talisker. Having it large over Yuletide. Living a happy drinker's life.

Ynnep
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Dec 2012, 8:55 pm

I go through different phases when it comes to liquor. At the moment I am enjoying some cherry flavoured vodka with club soda. I have been through cider phases and wine phases, a brief flirtation with rye whisky and because I'm Canadian, beer is always there as a back up. I used to work in a liquor store, which was probably the job I was best suited for, I can talk about (and drink) liquor for hours.