Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

EricAKATheBelgianGuy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Dec 2006, 1:39 pm

Does anybody else like to watch the oscars/Oscar-winning movies?

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2006, 3:30 pm

I do. I try to at least see all the ones that were nominated for best picture, but it doesn't always work out.

prism97
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Dec 2006, 7:19 pm

Parlez-vous Francais? Je suis une Quebecoise. I watch the Oscars whenever I can. I don't care who wins and I haven't seen most of the films they get all hot & bothered about. I am obsessed with fine jewelry! Not because of its price or status-symbol value. Once when I was about 13, a jeweler at a fine jewelry shop brought me into the back, placed an enormous diamond under a loupe and let me look inside it. I was mesmerized; drifting amidst the sparkling facets in a world invisible to the naked eye; unique to each stone and captivating. Since then, I use gemstones to enter into trance states and meditate. I can even visualize one in my mind's eye and enter into the facets. It is hard to explain. The actresses at the Oscars wear some of the most uniquely cut diamonds in the world. To see what I mean, go to www.graffdiamonds.com and view the stones. I also like to see the gowns; some awful, others gorgeous. Plus, the Oscars give me an excuse to eat popcorn!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2006, 9:31 pm

I watch Oscar winning movies from all the years. My Fair Lady is my favourite.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2006, 7:27 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:

hmm...i don't like the idea that she turns into(what seems like)every other woman at that time. i did enjoy the music though.

the best example of that type of movie is gigi. although, i think,hopefully, that's the idea the movie was trying to portray. that it's not wise to act like a sheep and constantly follow the flock.

i can't wait for the oscars! who's hosting again?...ellen degeneres! i miss conan *sniff sniff* *blows nose louder than necessary in orange tissue.*

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2006, 8:14 pm

tinky wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

hmm...i don't like the idea that she turns into(what seems like)every other woman at that time. i did enjoy the music though.

the best example of that type of movie is gigi. although, i think,hopefully, that's the idea the movie was trying to portray. that it's not wise to act like a sheep and constantly follow the flock.

i can't wait for the oscars! who's hosting again?...ellen degeneres! i miss conan *sniff sniff* *blows nose louder than necessary in orange tissue.*

I'm also not nuts about what she turns into, being that I do have quite the Cockney Accent for a North American person.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2006, 8:29 pm

ahah! you live in north america!

i'm not in the dark anymore :D

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2006, 3:45 pm

I lost all respect for the Oscars after "Crash" got BP last year.

My 2007 BP Predictions:
Babel
Little Miss Sunshine
The Departed
Dreamgirls
United 93