Page 25 of 26 [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 7:59 pm

When you have people talking about events that are emotional in nature (and when it's the parents of those killed), they really should disallow interruptions and interjections until a specific question and answer session (which should be held at a latter date so as people can compile their responses adequately and go through with all the research), not while people are reading a statement (make it a point of entry to comply to this).

It's fair and compassionate for all.

I know I wouldn't want to talk think about answering questions when I'm giving a statement on the event that led to the death of someone I loved, and especially confrontational ones. I'm sure no one would.

J-Greens
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 4:39 am

School Bus attacked in Alabama.

http://news.sky.com/story/1045497/child ... s-shooting

And also on the front page of Sky News:

http://news.sky.com/story/1045378/teen- ... erformance

And finally, Gunman on the run after Arizona Shooting:

http://news.sky.com/story/1045275/arizo ... on-the-run

Busy day for News.
Unrelated: http://news.sky.com/story/1045509/fsa-r ... p-mis-sell
Do the banks want recovery?

Not ignoring the above, obviously.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 4:54 am

There's other stuff that should be in the news that goes ignored by most of our media.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0xLbhWsUfE[/youtube]
Mod. edit: using short-form YouTube URLs like the original, below, isn't necessary here and in any case, prevents the video from displaying. The above video is the link below as rendered by YouTube to the full URL version.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/B0xLbhWsUfE[/youtube]

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

J-Greens
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 8:51 am

So the living should take prevalence over the dead? Three separate events, all with fatalities.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 4:36 pm

J-Greens wrote:
So the living should take prevalence over the dead? Three separate events, all with fatalities.

What do you mean? The needs of dead people are not a priority. I don't know what went wrong with the link I posted, but did you look it up?

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 6:44 pm

It should be abundantly clear by now that J-Greens is a gun hater.

JBlitzen
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jan 2013, 6:52 pm

I don't know that he hates guns.

I think people like him actually hate people. And because they hate people, they assume that people also hate them.

The gun thing is just a manifestation of their hatred and fear.

Or maybe fear is all there is, lack of self worth manifesting as fear which itself manifests as an irrational desire to radically disempower everyone.

I have a book on the psychology of the liberal mindset that I've been putting off reading, I should probably get it out.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 7:03 pm

Whatever, but in effect it boils down to gun hating which is a mental deficiency in itself.

JBlitzen
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

31 Jan 2013, 7:48 pm

Drop the personal attacks, please.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

31 Jan 2013, 8:32 pm

[Moved from News and Current Events to PPR]

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 3:41 am

http://www.policeone.com/police-heroes/ ... irst-time/

First responders and what they witnessed (they're scarred for life and the next million).

J-Greens
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 4:03 am

A Humanitarianist who hates humans, right... :lol:
I'd argue and with actual statistics and facts, that it is the people with the guns who hate humanity and the human race.

Over 1400 people have been killed by firearms since Sandy Hook and yet, over here, in the UK, the ONS figures show only 39 people died between 2011-2012. Those are facts.

I don't need to resort to personal attacks, the facts speak for themselves. Children shot, twenty at Sandy Hook. Children held hostage by armed suspects, innocent people across the USA killed by firearms on a daily basis. Those are facts.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 4:18 am

J-Greens wrote:
Over 1400 people have been killed by firearms since Sandy Hook and yet, over here, in the UK, the ONS figures show only 39 people died between 2011-2012. Those are facts.

You take in account the population differences? You need to do that to get an accurate comparative figure.

Also, does that 1400 for the US only include murders (if half of those are suicides and accidents, then you need to ignore them and compare such to suicides and accidents in the UK)? Is the 39 people from the UK murders and within the same time frame?

Total US murders in the same time frame would be needed too (you could extrapolate that by the percentage of deaths by firearm compared to others from last year, but that's an estimate).

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 4:42 am

Ok, about 1464 murders in the US since the start of the year

24 in the UK

Population of the US 313,914,040
Population of the UK 62,641,000

About 5 times more for the US

So, the UK would have 120 murders compared to 1464 in the US since the beginning of the year when you factor in population differences.

Wowza. That's 12 times more so far rather than 4/5 times of last year.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 4:52 am

To give some perspective though:

Influenza has killed 5,000 so far in the US
alcohol has killed about 9,000
tobacco is about 30,000
firearm murders are about 1,000

Sad that booze and smoke aren't as discussed on the national level as firearms and their relation to murder. Banning the those two will have saved 39,000, and both are needed less than firearms if "need" is your argument.

Dead is dead if you care about life.