Gotta tell my folks that I dropped out of school.

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mcbean
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Dec 2012, 11:38 am

Just tell them. And try to have a job when you do it. I didn't get served well by the public school system. ( I could never finish long term projects) I dropped out. got my GED a year later, Went to career training and have been doing good enough. (minus the ten years of student loan payments)

If it's only been a month, I'd say try to go back and just finish. I've had many opportunities missed because i didn't have a real diploma. (on top of not being able to communicate well)

But whatever happens, It's been my refusal to give up or stay stale in my interests and hobbies that has fortunately led to a career I like.

LordExiron
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Dec 2012, 5:02 pm

Stoek wrote:
chssmstrjk wrote:
Stoek wrote:
Why does everyone keep mentioning that, seriously who's honest when fill out account info.

I am truly the age (24) that you can see to the left of this post where my avatar and the cumulative number of posts that I have made in my existence on WrongPlanet are.

Not everyone here on WrongPlanet kids about their age.

It`s not simply a matter of joking, it`s a bad idea putting your personal info into an account like that. It puts you at risk of identity theft.

If there is some way to steal my identity with my wrongplanet screen name, my age, and the state I live in please tell me, because I don't want my identity stolen, however (and I apologize for this), I just can't believe it without further explanation.

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 5:14 pm

LordExiron wrote:
Stoek wrote:
chssmstrjk wrote:
Stoek wrote:
Why does everyone keep mentioning that, seriously who's honest when fill out account info.

I am truly the age (24) that you can see to the left of this post where my avatar and the cumulative number of posts that I have made in my existence on WrongPlanet are.

Not everyone here on WrongPlanet kids about their age.

It`s not simply a matter of joking, it`s a bad idea putting your personal info into an account like that. It puts you at risk of identity theft.

If there is some way to steal my identity with my wrongplanet screen name, my age, and the state I live in please tell me, because I don't want my identity stolen, however (and I apologize for this), I just can't believe it without further explanation.

No but wrongplanet isn`t the only site I use.

Neither is it yours, as a rule I don`t take chances.

With someones full name, date of birth, and address all one has to do is call your cell phone company.

It can be rather easy to do some damage to a person. Something as simple as putting stuff in your name, or more involved getting access to any accounts you may have, with power company etc.

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 5:31 pm

Stoek is correct, I was never fond of the age feature. It's required to shield some of the forums, but I can't recall ever using that feature anyway. I joined more than 5 years ago, and I was'nt required to provide a birthdate.

As far as I can tell, and I'm no tech guru, you can set it to not display any age as well.

As an unfortunate fact of life, the feature may be counter-productive.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 7:29 pm

Lying is stressful, you are your own worst enemy in this regard