What happened this morning

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 8:38 pm

Well, this morning. Wow. Just wow.

OK, last night dumbass me went back over to ole dudes house. I spent the evening figuratively crying on his shoulder. Anyway, there I am, asleep in a combat t shirt in his bed, right next to him and his stupid socks he has to sleep in and I get woke up by a pounding on the door. Well I figure it's one of his kids. So I kick him and say "Hey, get the door" and go back to sleep. Surprise, surprise, surprise! It's my husband.

He just comes in there where I'm sleeping and actually (hold onto your hats ladies, it's about to get romantic) gets down on one knee. He tells me he wants me back, he will act right, he loves me. All that. Meanwhile, bf is making coffee, and actually brings both of us a cup. He's nothing if not polite. He even remembered that I like heavy cream in mine. So then after my husband said his piece, the other dude said "Well, I want to say something". Uh oh. But no, it went over very nicely. He told me that he actually loves me. That he actually wants to be with me. That he thinks I could actually put up with him. He told me I got to make a choice. If I leave with my husband, don't come back. Not even as a friend. Well, that hurt, but still.

I chose my husband. I told him "You're my Rhett!" and the other dude said "No, I am, but you'll find that out later". I don't think he is, I think my husband is. I'm so, so, so happy. I would never, ever have expected this to happen.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 8:49 pm

It's amazing how fast things can turn around, isn't it?

Congratulations.

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 9:18 pm

I would've supported you whichever choice you made (I understand the guy and your hubby wanting you to make a choice). Congrats on being back with your husband. I must say your husband is quite cool for wanting you back. I don't mean this to offend you, but a lot of husbans wouldn't want to put up with their wives sleeping wiht other guys even if it was just a slip-up so to speak.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 10:24 pm

He's my Rhett. I told him that and then the bf goes "No, I"M your Rhett, you just don't know it yet". But no. Hubby is my Rhett. Every girl has a Rhett. I have mine.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 10:36 pm

You should write a book.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 10:48 pm

Titangeek wrote:
You should write a book.

Why?

Greatsharkbite
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 10:50 pm

I'm glad you feel better, i'll feel better if your husband keeps his word to act right.

Words are easy to say, but its not so easy to honor them in that situation.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 10:53 pm

Because it would be a best seller.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 1:16 am

Call your memoirs, "Truth is stranger than fiction"... your life is one crazy rollercoaster ride!!

I have no idea what to say over this recent course of events! 8O

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 1:34 am

BlueMax wrote:
Call your memoirs, "Truth is stranger than fiction"... your life is one crazy rollercoaster ride!!

Wy isis strange? It's normal life.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 2:26 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
BlueMax wrote:

Not for most of us. ;)

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 2:37 am

BlueMax wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
BlueMax wrote:

Not for most of us. ;)

Normal for you perhaps. For most of us...
Also:
Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It's not the time that matters it's the person.
-Tenth Doctor

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 4:25 am

Better the devil you know than the one you don't know I suppose.

Greatsharkbite
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 6:56 am

blue_bean wrote:
Better the devil you know than the one you don't know I suppose.

For me, that was a coping mechanism when I was dealing with an abusive mother, i'd rather just deal with a person of quality.

Also just realized that Rhett possibly refers to Rhett Butler from gone with the wind.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 6:00 pm

I'll admit I haven't been up to date with your latest events, OP. Actually, I don't even know much about you.

But may I ask why everyone here is congratulating the OP? And commending her for what she did?

Am I missing something here?

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 6:05 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
BlueMax wrote:

You willingly sleep with your boyfriend even though you're married to someone you supposedly love. And then when the one you love knocks on the door of where you and your boyfriend are, you ditch your boyfriend and forget he has his own feelings and go back to your husband as if nothing happened at all?

I just don't see any accountability here for your own actions.

And this is normal?