Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

PenitentSpark
Raven
Raven

27 Dec 2006, 4:40 am

I've always been very indecisive and procastinating...

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2006, 5:20 am

As for procrastinating, that is NORMAL, but exacerbated if you have an extreme interest. The interest almost always wins out. That is one reason I almost never did my homework.

As for indecision, I never really thought about that. Maybe it is for the same reason I usually order the same thing everywhere I go, and have a favorite backup choice for certain genres, and hate change. I try to anticipate problems, and pick the best choice. Sometimes, that is just TOO difficult.

Steve

paolo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2006, 10:32 am

Imagine a bus whose steering wheel is moved according to majority decisions taken by passengers. Would the bus advance in a reasonable way? When we lose our mental sanity, isn’t it like a “democratic” bus? Konrad Lorenz, the “goose scientist” who discovered the working of istincts and the imprinting in mammals, compared the working of our mind as a parliament, the “great parliament of istincts” he called it, sometimes an unruly parliament, unable to reach the apt compromises and causing the collapse of the “body politic” as they call sometimes a nation. Is this of some help in understanding indecisiveness?

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2006, 12:47 pm

I am indecisive about 95% of life. The remaining 5% has me sharply focused, however.

Of that 95%, I believe much of the indecision arises from seeing so many different views, perspectives, and possibilities to any given problem or situation. When faced with any number of reasonable solutions, how are you supposed to decide?

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2006, 4:38 pm

i'm bad with desicions involving new things (it doesn't matter whether they are important or not, i can think just as long about a new object to put in place in the house as whether i'd spent a lot of money on a vacuumcleaner or not)

but i'm pretty good with decisions i've done before, 'cause they are analysed and i don't give myself the choice of going over it again. (these kinds of things belong there full stop) except when it is really necessary of course (but i might be a little late to notice it)

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2006, 4:57 pm

en_una_isla wrote:
I am indecisive about 95% of life. The remaining 5% has me sharply focused,

I'm indecisive 90% of the time, the other 10% I can't make my mind up.

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2006, 5:32 pm

When asked to come to a sudden decision my instinct is to stall by asking other people what they think.

Max_David
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2007, 4:52 am

Um,

:?: :jester: :lol:

Yeah, I couldn't decide what to write.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2007, 6:41 am

My boyfriend (GalileoAce) and I are autistic and indecisiveness can lead to a day of us doing nothing because we can't decide what to do! Frustrating.

I thought of starting a Procrastinators Group but I think that can wait until next week.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2007, 11:55 am

Am I indecisive? I might tell you later, or I might tell you now. I just don't know.

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2007, 7:01 pm

i'll decide that for you, just tell us werbert!

LovingmyAspie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jan 2007, 8:47 pm

Vladi is VERY indecesive. I think because Aspies think things over so much and that totally has to make it hard to decide something!

Droopy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2007, 10:49 pm

It seems like I've read somewhere indecisiveness is an AS trait. I know I have a problem with it.

Now should I submit this or not? I'm kidding.

onefourninezero
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jan 2007, 11:02 am

I'm very indecisive, and it annoys the hell out of people. My family now know to never to offer me a huge choice of options, unless they want to be waiting around all day for the answer.

thadius

10 Jan 2007, 12:02 pm

It's called Executive Dysfunction. Many people with AS have this including me. This website has some tips on coping with it.

http://www.geocities.com/growingjoel/ef.html

paolo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2007, 3:59 pm

When I was a child there was this habit in my family, the four of us, to go down the street to eat a little cake. When it was my turn to choose may cake I could not make my mind which cake to eat. So I remained without cake.