Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 12:57 pm

i went as a kid because my parents forced me to go. it was hell. i hate the noise, the bright lights, the endless chatter, the crowd, the jerk who always found me and came on to me without taking no for an answer, and told me all about his boring life (doesnt have any), thinking he's god's gift to girls.
and i didnt know what to do, either. i couldnt find anyone to talk to because i suffer from social phobia, like lots of aspies. and i was so embarassed to just sit there like an idiot.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 12:59 pm

felinesaresuperior wrote:
do you think parties are torture?

What, like BDSM parties? :P

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 3:21 pm

Yes, parties are torture.

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 3:26 pm

felinesaresuperior wrote:
i went as a kid because my parents forced me to go. it was hell. i hate the noise, the bright lights, the endless chatter, the crowd, the jerk who always found me and came on to me without taking no for an answer, and told me all about his boring life (doesnt have any), thinking he's god's gift to girls.
and i didnt know what to do, either. i couldnt find anyone to talk to because i suffer from social phobia, like lots of aspies. and i was so embarassed to just sit there like an idiot.

Torture no. Boring yes.

Parties can be boring for me but I don't mind them. I don't find them overstimulating but if I have nobody to talk to they can be boring. I usually handle boredom by daydreaming so then I miss the party.

However, if a guy came on to me it would make it slightly more irritating but also a lot more interesting. At least I'd have someone to talk to even if the person is full of himself.

If one of my few close friends is at the party it would also be less boring but in most situations I find parties boring.

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 3:36 pm

Yes. There is too much going on and it all gets jumbled into a horrible suffocating blur of noise, movement, bright lights and people's various perfumes(/colognes/deodorants/scented soaps/assorted hair products).

Love transcends all.

LookingLost
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 3:38 pm

Yes, definitely. :eew:

Pileo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 3:52 pm

Depends on the party. If you're allowed to get drunk, they can be tolerable. Now, schmoozing, comapny parties? Yuck...

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 4:07 pm

Haven't been to one in a while, so I don't know.

Been about 10 years...

Author/Writer

BlueAbyss
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2012, 4:24 pm

Yes! And I have to go to one tonight, a small gathering of in-laws. I'm dreading it, and I've been stressed all day about it, additionally I know that I won't be able to sleep afterward, going over the whole thing in my mind, and will be a wreck tomorrow. This is just a simple dinner, but I know this from experience, it will rob me of an entire two days of my life. Unplanned events are even worse - they hammer me with adrenaline as well. :roll:

Kairi96
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2012, 4:34 pm

Depends on the type of party. If it's a party with just a few people, I can bear it; if it's a party were there are a lot of people and too much noise, no, I can't bear it. This why I only go to very few parties, and I go to the parties of one of my friends, that invites maximum 12 people, has a big house and tells people at the party to not do noise. I've never gone to a party with too much people and/or noise; if there was noise in a room, then I went to the room where there wasn't noise.

roccoslife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2012, 5:03 pm

Depends how drunk i get

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 107 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Scourgething
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Dec 2012, 5:25 pm

Getting drunk, taking drugs en masse, kissing some unsanitary harlots and listening to music that would make a metronome break and then waking up the morning after having no recollection of what happened and then doing it again the next month. Sounds like a lot of f*****g fun.

roccoslife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2012, 5:42 pm

Scourgething wrote:
Getting drunk, taking drugs en masse, kissing some unsanitary harlots and listening to music that would make a metronome break and then waking up the morning after having no recollection of what happened and then doing it again the next month. Sounds like a lot of f***ing fun.

Next month? I used to do that at least weekly :)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 5:43 pm

Not really. I have always done my own thing whenever we go to them. Plus I sit in a quiet room if I start to get too overwhelmed and feeling over stimulated by the noise.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

roccoslife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2012, 5:53 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Not really. I have always done my own thing whenever we go to them. Plus I sit in a quiet room if I start to get too overwhelmed and feeling over stimulated by the noise.

One of the only good things about being a smoker these days is that you can excuse yourself and go and stand outside whenever things start getting too much.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 6:15 pm

roccoslife wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

One of the only good things about being a smoker these days is that you can excuse yourself and go and stand outside whenever things start getting too much.

That's a good way of hiding it.

My way is I just like to be alone and don't like noise and I want to relax. Another good way of hiding it is bring your toddler with or your husband who is disabled and in lot of pain from it so that way you have a reason to leave sooner.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.