Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

FireMinstrel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 4:04 am

I've read about Fragile X a bit, and have seen the faces of young men with it. Adam Lanza, the recent shooter, seems to fit the physical description, and it IS a developmental disorder IIRC. Any thoughts?

Ascagne
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Dec 2012, 4:53 am

Er, I may be mistaken, but is the Fragile X syndrome compatible with a more than average intelligence ? Adam Lanza has been described as "extremely bright". It seemed to me that most analyzed cases were of persons from a normal IQ to a very low one if strongly affected ?

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 5:05 am

The last photos when he was emancipated look close
but the photos of him well fed dont indicate it, by my opinion
I see a lot of fragile x and I didnt make that conclusion
but I may be wrong [as usual]

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 5:22 am

Ascagne wrote:
Er, I may be mistaken, but is the Fragile X syndrome compatible with a more than average intelligence ? Adam Lanza has been described as "extremely bright". It seemed to me that most analyzed cases were of persons from a normal IQ to a very low one if strongly affected ?

This is true. Fragile X would not fit.

henry14488
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Dec 2012, 5:56 am

he doesn't have fragile X. something random like this you're gonna have to prove and more info because i don't know what fragile x is even until i read wikipedia. i don't see anything wrong with him. i believe killing those people was NOT caused by a mental dissability.

SpocksDaughter
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Dec 2012, 7:25 am

I went a very long way down the Fragil X road early after getting my own diagnois. and demanded genectic testing which was neg.

(I have a lot of family members I was getting ready to alert for my nephews and nieces sake)
We all decended from someone who died from a parkinson 'like' disorder.

Men with Fragil X genetic disorder, grandsons are more often Autistic than normal. The Parkinson like tie-in is these men in their fifties develop ataxia (tremor). Fragil X is newly understood since our never clearly diagnoised father died. And I was turning over all rocks!

Long and short of it (from memory) the Fragil X facial caracteristics are often very noticiably long Jaw and larger than normal ears. Your basic tall skinny nerd with a too big head. Adman does not seem to have a very long face many Frag X ASPIES do have.

May I throw into the mix something else:

In some oriental traditional belief system (unk) I read of years ago
I understood a belief in a face charactristic indicating deeply distrubed mental ability.

This included the pupil of the eye being roated high in the eye socket till the white of the eye beneath the pupil was unusually visable to anyone looking at the individual.

Most peoples pupil botton edge is slightly behind the lower eye lid.

Can't for the life of me figue out how this ancient visual diagnostic system was spelt and no time to research :^/

The word sounded like sock-a-poo
sorryyyyyyyy
anybody know anything about this? all I remember is Marlin (sp?) Manson was being cited as an example yadda yadda of other wild types pictures were given as examples and it was pretty interesting stuff.

now go look in the mirror (grin)

Spocks Daughter

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 8:52 am

Please don't guess at anything else that's going to be used against other innocent people.

We've already got the gun nuts taking it out on autistics and autistics taking it out on the gun nuts...

...and meanwhile the problem goes merrily on.

It's depressing.

So stop.

rabidmonkey4262
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 9:18 am

Fragile X is usually associated with intellectual disability. This guy was actually smart.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2020, 9:45 pm

I think that it can be possible to have miler form of Fragile X Syndrome without any Intellectual Disability

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2020, 9:49 pm

Don't know who Adam Lanza is.

Don't know what Fragile X is.

I'll vote no.

*Correction* OMG that guy? Glad he is no longer in the present tense.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2020, 11:06 pm

Females usually have it less severely than males because males have only one x-chromosome.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2020, 11:18 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Females usually have it less severely than males because males have only one x-chromosome.

but what is it?

I've never heard of it and don't feel like reading a big google article. 8)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2020, 11:52 pm

It’s a chromosomal condition where a person’s x-chromosome might “break off” in certain places.

Most males have mild intellectual disability; about 30% have autism; there is a distinctive facial appearance in some (somewhat narrow head); and they usually cannot achieve independence.

In females, there’s probably little intellectual disability, though this could occur. There are learning disabilities and behavioral problems in some.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2020, 3:08 am

Chris Benoits son ?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2020, 6:12 am

Off Topic
7-1/2 year old thread?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2020, 9:27 am

@FranzOren

you're a newcomer obviously. Please look at the dates on the posts before replying to them.

If you do go ahead and revive a years dead thread it's proper WP etiquitte to say "I know this is an old thread, but I think that it is still relevent".

The Sandy Hook shooter looks rather normal. Doesnt look like a Fragile X person. I dont see the evidence for it.