What makes you feel needed or know that you are needed?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 9:13 am

Just had an idea when reading someone's post. What does it mean to be needed?

What would make someone feel like I needed them? What does your partner do that makes you feel needed?

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 10:46 am

To be worth something or have someone appreciate you.

basically just mirroring you.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 11:17 am

My two cats make me feel needed because they need my love and attention. :cat: = :heart: And unlike humans they always give me unconditional love in return. (they are very sweet and affectionate, contrary to what the anti-cat people might say)

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 3:56 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Just had an idea when reading someone's post. What does it mean to be needed?

What would make someone feel like I needed them? What does your partner do that makes you feel needed?

A lot of it is in the body language.

If you want to be loved by someone, you have to show something with your body to the man to indicate that you long for him. You can't just be completely "in control" in your approach while with the man. This works a lot for men, but not the other way around.

The girl I was with very recently showed a lot of her vulnerable side to me, and that made her very attractive to me. Because it made me feel like she would appreciate my protection of her and my leadership in various aspects. I don't know exactly why this is the case, but it has to do with how men are generally wired biologically.

Some tips to get the relatively confident man feel "needed" (this may not work for submissive or alpha type men):

1. While looking sideways away from you, look at him longingly in the eyes then look away nervously when he looks at you.
2. Don't try to be too cool. Allow yourself to be nervous if you are. Laugh nervously. Smile nervously. If you are enjoying his company, and he sees that you do, he won't be put off by your nervousness and in fact may find it cute.
3. Talk to him about your fantasies and dreams for the future, and ask him about his fantasies and dreams.
4. Let there be some moments of silence. Let him wonder what you're thinking.
5. If he insists on paying, don't stop him. Let him pay.
6. Give him a sincere compliment once or twice to do with his character as a man. If he's average looking (and not what you would call a model), compliment him on his looks, too. Just do the compliments sparingly.
7. Think of a problem you have that you feel he can fix/solve. And hint at it to him. You know, like fixing your bike or computer or car. Helping you out with a project. Figure out beforehand what he's good at. A lot of men will likely take the "challenge" and solve the problem for you. Then show him a lot of appreciation for what he did when he does fix the issue. That would probably make him fall in love with you then.

In short, understand the core concept which is that a lot of men want to feel like women need them (even if you're independent and all), and then act upon it.

Zinnel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Dec 2012, 2:51 am

Easy just ask the person you want to feel needed a(n) question/advice about something thats in their area of interest.
and then thank them for their help or just their reply.

However, most of the time "feeling needed" is more of an internal issue than an external issue. If a person has internal feelings of worthlessness any attempts to let that person know their needed will just fall on deft ears.