Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Zaswe12
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Dec 2012, 3:37 am

What is with people and Anime, mostly teens. At my special ed class(my only class) most of the kids there are obsessed over it, I personally hate it, and is just curious why people like it so much, and I also see so many people's avatar as it too online, there are probably more people in America that like it than Japan. So what's the appeal to it.

p.s. I have watched Pokemon and a few episodes of Naurto.

MikaNeko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Dec 2012, 4:39 am

I enjoy anime for the unique and deep story lines it offers, I also love (most) of the characters some of them have inspired me in my life to do things I never would have done without them. Then there is the artwork I love the anime style of drawing and really wish I could do it myself (I do try).
Another reason would be due to the fact I can't get on very well with real people and find it difficult to feel much during my daily life yet while I'm watching anime I can cry, get angry, be shocked, smile, laugh, regret and get excited with the characters there is a bond there that I can't develop with real people (I suppose it's much like how someone can get attached to a book or TV character)
In every anime I watch I learn something new about people, about morals, about life and of course I learn about Japan too. I feel completely involved in every anime even though I'm sat on my bed I yell encouragement and warn them of danger, just sitting there can give me the most amazing feelings some I never knew I could feel until I started watched anime. There are so many more reasons why I love anime (like the music) but I think to me these are the important points, to me anime is friend I never had and I do believe that without it I'd be far more messed up than I am now.

This Image could also partly sum it up :)

Your Aspie score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

日本語をならっています。

Zaswe12
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Dec 2012, 4:44 am

Okay I see, I just think the art style is weird looking, I guess we all can't like the same thing, so now I'm off to tolerate anime some more.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2012, 9:28 am

Fond childhood memories. I grew up watching japanese cartoons. I love studio Ghibli. I think the artwork is amazingly beautiful.

ZakFiend
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2012, 11:24 am

The reality is you'll find better and more varied stories in anime then in any other form of entertainment with th exception of books. Most traditional movies are mostly fantasy that wants to minimize the real world element. Anime tends to mix life lessons and teachings/wisdom about life within them. Most hollywood stuff is chimp level intelligence kind of stuff or so heavily laden with propaganda as to be meaningless.

Not all anime is like this, there is "fanservice" anime (stuff that just exists to tittilate the viewer) but there is some fantastically great stuff like Monster.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/19/Monster

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2012, 4:18 pm

Zaswe12 wrote:

p.s. I have watched Pokemon and a few episodes of Naurto.

Well, there's the issue right there.

It's normal for you not to like it (Yet) because you don't have enough data points to go off of. Naruto isn't really the best out there anyway.

Steins;Gate and Bakemonogatari are my favorites myself ;P

Author/Writer

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2012, 1:45 pm

I don't watch a lot of anime though I do like the drawing style. Also the body language of anime characters can be quite hilarious, like rolling on the floor with a bright blue head when they're mortified.

Kairi96
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Dec 2012, 2:18 pm

Same for me. I know a lot of people that are obsessed with anime/manga; I don't hate them, but I'm not a big fan of them. There are only 2-3 anime I like.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

21 Dec 2012, 5:43 pm

You shouldn't really form an opinion off of just two different Anime shows, just saying. Like it was mentioned before, there are Anime shows out there that are a hundred times better than Naruto or Pokemon.

Most have a deep, richly constructed story that I find myself submerged in, and the humor and the development of characters is what reels me in.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2012, 11:10 am

MikaNeko wrote:
I enjoy anime for the unique and deep story lines it offers, I also love (most) of the characters some of them have inspired me in my life to do things I never would have done without them. Then there is the artwork I love the anime style of drawing and really wish I could do it myself (I do try).
Another reason would be due to the fact I can't get on very well with real people and find it difficult to feel much during my daily life yet while I'm watching anime I can cry, get angry, be shocked, smile, laugh, regret and get excited with the characters there is a bond there that I can't develop with real people (I suppose it's much like how someone can get attached to a book or TV character)
In every anime I watch I learn something new about people, about morals, about life and of course I learn about Japan too. I feel completely involved in every anime even though I'm sat on my bed I yell encouragement and warn them of danger, just sitting there can give me the most amazing feelings some I never knew I could feel until I started watched anime. There are so many more reasons why I love anime (like the music) but I think to me these are the important points, to me anime is friend I never had and I do believe that without it I'd be far more messed up than I am now.

This Image could also partly sum it up :)

That picture has my ex-boyfriend's name written allover it! :lmao:

He has Aspergers just like meeeeee!! !! !

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

jamesdunn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 May 2019, 12:15 pm

They are really weird, especially their Furry department. I will never understand it

inkgirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jul 2019, 12:22 am

It's fun to watch. It's no different than liking Disney movies, or Marvel movies. It's just another genre of entertainment. I personally like anime, but I'm not crazy about it like some people. Except the RWBY series (which is actually American) and My Hero Academia. Also, I really recommend the anime RWBY because one of the side characters is super relatable (and happens to be a robot). That's one of the main reasons I like the show. When my brother watched the episode where Penny (the robot girl) was introduced, he immediately thought of me because we act similarly. Anyways, sorry for going off topic.

MomofHFA
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Feb 2020, 3:57 pm

jamesdunn wrote:
They are really weird, especially their Furry department. I will never understand it

Lol
Same here.

Plushtrap04
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 May 2020, 7:49 pm

To be honest, I haven't watched much anime and I'm in highschool. I do have some friends who are into Dragon Ball.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2020, 8:28 pm

I like anime ... some of it, anyway.  My only complaint is that most anime is written for either the "fart joke" crowd, or for the "Ecchi/Hentai" crowd, with very little sophistication in between.

It would be nice to watch a maturely-written anime that does not feature panty shots, bloody nose-fountains, or full face-plants into a busty woman's décolletage.

An occasional character-driven plot would be nice, too.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2020, 4:47 pm

I like anime because I enjoy animated movies/shows in general, and in my opinion anime has a bit more variety and appeals to more audiences than at least American animation does. Most animation in the US that is made for adults is usually more comedic than anything, which is also mainly what I meant about anime having more variety. I like being able to have shows to watch with actual plots that aren't always mainly geared for children/adolescents.