Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Do you have trouble talking on the phone with background noise?
Yes, I do 97%  97%  [ 30 ]
No, I don't have this problem 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 31

KevinS
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Dec 2012, 7:09 am

Does anyone else have trouble talking on the phone with background noise going on? With me if there is any noise going on in the background, I can't even hear the person I'm talking to on the phone. I just lose that ability altogether.

Jabberwokky
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Dec 2012, 7:48 am

Don't quite have that level of problem. It certainly affects me and I can get all confused. I did go throughabout 15 years when I could not talk on phones at all (other than to my immediate family)

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2012, 8:01 am

I voted yes. The first job I ever did was a summer job in the foreign currency section of a major bank. It was a fairly noisy office, with a few note counting machines being used. Whenever I answered the phone, which didn't ring all that frequently, thankfully, I found that I had absolutely no clue what the other person was going on about and I felt like crying. I seemed to be the only person in the office with such a severe problem. I'm sure I came across as lazy, because I would avoid answering phones - I didn't have one on my desk, but I wouldn't pick up anyone else's. The office also had a phone for the security company to buzz, when they were delivering money, and I didn't answer that either, because I couldn't even hear what security firm they were saying they were from, so couldn't relay an accurate message to the manager. I felt bad about it and my way of making up for it was to decide not to have a tea break and to work hard. I'm not in the least bit lazy and I could get through more orders than the others and didn't mind having a lot of work to do, but I'm sure there must have been resentment about my failure to do that one little thing. Honestly, it was a terrible experience and I developed a telephone phobia, as a result.

ianorlin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2012, 12:20 pm

Talking on the phone is horrible for me and hate doing it to strangers.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2012, 1:17 pm

on the phone the conversation needs to be kept going
once the conversation stops the awkward silence can be difficult
in my case i dont know to do small talk neither hold onto a conversation
so yes i find it difficult to talk on the phone
and also i cant hear properly

stitch4518
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Dec 2012, 1:22 pm

Certain noises especially people talking and fans. I would rather text or IM than talk on the phone so I guess I don't care much for it either.