Page 3 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

28 Dec 2012, 8:19 am

Both. My normal lack of facial expressions makes people think I'm stoned.

My facial contortions that happen due to sensory overload or just trying to process things make people think I'm angry or irritated.

This is one reason why NT's inexplicably treat us badly even if we didn't do anything. We send the wrong signals.

decoyalone
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Dec 2012, 9:22 am

I get told I look stoned, angry, or upset a lot. Part of it is, I naturally have very dilated pupils like that of a stoner. Often in one of my classes I'll be concentrating on finishing an assignment up and suddenly my teacher will come over to me and say "Are you alright? You look upset". Most people I know tend to be a bit afraid of me too. I'm not sure why, a couple friends say that it's my hair (I have red hair), but I'm pretty sure it's not that. I must be sending the wrong signals with my facial expressions most of the time. (One of my nicknames used to be "Creepy Serial Killer")

SnowMaiden
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Dec 2012, 8:20 pm

Many times I've been told that I look angry, even though I actually felt quite content. It seems as if I'm not even capable of controlling my facial expressions.

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 10:33 pm

Thats funny, ive been told the same many times, been asked if i do drugs!?! , like WTF. So i must look pretty bad and stoned :S

Anomiel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 11:59 pm

decoyalone wrote:
Part of it is, I naturally have very dilated pupils like that of a stoner.

Funny, I think both drunk people and people on central-stimulants have bigger pupils than stoners? What kind of laced weed have you been around? :)
I have very big pupils too. I would hesitate to call them dilated though as they are also bigger when actually dilated compared to most other people. I'm on (prescriped) painmeds now, so that's not an "issue" anymore...

And to the OP, I get that too, but I think it's more than just facial expression they're picking up on.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 12:20 am

I have been told "you look angry" when I wasn't.

My NT sister has been told that she has a "b#*%h face because her "thinking face" is interpreted as angry by certain peoples.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 11:59 pm

Others periodically ask me if I'm angry or upset or sad. In those cases, I'm often merely thinking. In once instance, someone took a photo of me, and later commented about me making angry faces (I was perfectly content when they took the photo). I used to wonder if I was unknowingly putting off a bad vibe or something.

abyssquick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jan 2013, 9:16 am

Years ago when I worked retail, I was told that "look so serious all the time." One lady even went out of her way to stop me, and ask if I could "smile." I was taken aback by the request because I wasn't unhappy, it was just the neutral expression I had at the time.

Some people think I look "unhappy," some say I look "pensive" and occasionally I look "stoned" for instance if I'm tired any my eyes are unfocused. I thing "pensive" is the most common one, though.

Grimdalus
Raven
Raven

04 Jan 2013, 9:26 am

That's because I am nearly always stoned. :lol:

Dreycrux
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 1:11 pm

Yes I have always been told I looked stoned, aloof, angry, dopey....I even feel stoned, aloof, angry, dopey all the time...haha So they are right. I recognize this is the asd.

Murderface
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jan 2013, 8:19 pm

Grimdalus wrote:

Do they ask what's wrong when you are not stoned?

You are very likely an Aspie

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 10:39 pm

In the interest of appearing more friendly less stoned If you deal with same people all day make it a point to smile and say good morning to them each day. You will get more promotions/ respect from co workers this goes double for women.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 10:42 pm

I stare off into space alot and just get lost in thought. I can seem drunk without ever having alcohol. I get this issue constantly now as an adult. I get told are you upset Me: Uh Oh me no I'm fine (and I was just lost in thought.

:-)

DanDaMan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jan 2013, 6:28 am

Ye all my life i have been told i look high angry nervous etc

Grimdalus
Raven
Raven

07 Jan 2013, 7:39 am

Murderface wrote:
Grimdalus wrote:

No.

Grimdalus
Raven
Raven

07 Jan 2013, 7:39 am

Murderface wrote:
Grimdalus wrote:

No.