Page 8 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 4:04 am

John_Browning wrote:
China wouldn't play as nice as we do! They'd execute everyone they suspected of terrorism and move villages to labor camps until it stopped.

Ask them how well they did in Vietnam. Same with the USSR and English Empire in Afghanistan.

The harder you're on the population, the more people join the cause (informants in the least, to supply, housing and fighters in the best). Sure, you may have an awesome 50 to 1 kill ratio (they're always inflated by about 5 times, really), but in the end that means nothing if you withdraw because you couldn't attain your goals.

The only people who will "conquer" Afghanistan and other countries are the locals.

Some countries just don't roll over.

J-Greens
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 4:52 am

vermontsavant wrote:
]what i meant by the sixties was naive peace loving hippies not whether the sixties were dangerous or not.

And? The hippie movement came and went. Society has moved on. I still don't see how this is relevant in any way.

vermontsavant wrote:
]as far as i know there is a war in afganistan,which its about time to end because we will never win,gorilla warfare in badlands like terain in the foothills of the himalaya's,un winable at this point

Finally something we can agree on.

vermontsavant wrote:
]i was being sarcastic when i said lets get rid of our militaries and see what happen,it was a retorical question

Once, perhaps, but your repeated posts indicate otherwise.

vermontsavant wrote:
,and what does lenin have to do with this

I have absolutely no idea. Since you bought it up, you can explain.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 9:48 am

John_Browning wrote:
My solution to Afghanistan is to sign the deed over to china in a trade for waiving our debt. The mineral deposits discovered there are HUGE- especially the amount of lithium we can't just leave unsecured. The PLA would make the Afghans wish for the US troops back!
we dont yet actualy own afganistan,or do we,im not sure
great idea though

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 9:51 am

J-Greens wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
]what i meant by the sixties was naive peace loving hippies not whether the sixties were dangerous or not.

And? The hippie movement came and went. Society has moved on. I still don't see how this is relevant in any way.

vermontsavant wrote:
]as far as i know there is a war in afganistan,which its about time to end because we will never win,gorilla warfare in badlands like terain in the foothills of the himalaya's,un winable at this point

vermontsavant wrote:
]i was being sarcastic when i said lets get rid of our militaries and see what happen,it was a retorical question

vermontsavant wrote:

what other posts have sugested getting rid of the military

i have said 10000000000000000 times that we could never pay for socialized medicine because were not in a position to get rid of our military

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 11:27 am

vermontsavant wrote:
J-Greens wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

vermontsavant wrote:

vermontsavant wrote:

vermontsavant wrote:

i have said 10000000000000000 times that we could never pay for socialized medicine because were not in a position to get rid of our military

Even the secretary of defense admitted there were duplications and excesses in the military budget. On the tip of the iceberg, you have the Air Force, who can't be bothered to wash their own bed sheets or pick up their meal trays after themselves, they just hire people to do it for them. Cutting the defense budget doesn't mean cutting defense, it just means they're smarter about what they spend money on.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 2:31 pm

MDD123 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
J-Greens wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

vermontsavant wrote:

vermontsavant wrote:

vermontsavant wrote:

Even the secretary of defense admitted there were duplications and excesses in the military budget. On the tip of the iceberg, you have the Air Force, who can't be bothered to wash their own bed sheets or pick up their meal trays after themselves, they just hire people to do it for them. Cutting the defense budget doesn't mean cutting defense, it just means they're smarter about what they spend money on.

Yes, the US military is very wasteful. You can bet the rebels in Syria are not.

J-Greens
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 8:03 pm

I've been 'suggested' to let this one go...so apologies for the lack of my reply...but it has been :lol:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 5:51 pm

I was remembering some playground "songs" that were popular when I was a child,they were quite violent.But no school shooters.But if a child sang these now they would be SO inapproiate the kid would get in serious trouble.
As I remember them.

"Glory,glory Hallelujah,
Teacher hit me with a ruler,
I met her at the bank
In a loaded Army tank
She ain't my teacher no more!

Glory,glory Hallelujah,
Teacher hit me with a ruler
I met her at the door
With a loaded 44
She ain't my teacher no more!"

No one paid any notice to fifth graders singing these very violent ditties.
When my kids were little the high school kids and some employees of the school would have rifles in gun racks in the school parking lots.No attackers.

What has changed??I never remember hearing about people shooting random strangers when I was little, and guns were real easy to get then,no background checks.