Do i have another disorder besides Aspergers?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Claytomau5
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Dec 2012, 8:29 pm

Hello. I am 13 years old, Dx with Aspergers a year ago. I also have OCD and undiagnosed Lexicon Synaesthesia. Lately though, after reading some interesting threads on WP I am beginning to think I have a Personality Disorder. Possibly Scizoid, Schizotypal, Avoidant, or Borderline. I have strange perceptual experiences all the time, am extremely sensitive to criticism, have so many strange thought processes about the mysteries of life that I often contradict myself and give up because I have two thoughts at once, and they contradict eachothers logic. I have tons of conspiracies about everything, including big brother, large corporations, aliens, etc. I believe all of them. I cannot express how I feelcor my ideas in words at all. I believe that when I am near someone, if they touch me even slightly then they can read my thoughts, so I quickly try to change my thought process or move whenever touched.When I obsess over something, I obsess over it. Other people including my family think I am so insane they don't even try to understand or care about or listen to everything I say. I take Zoloft. My special interests are mental disorders, software, etc. I have an IQ of 142, taken with a proffesional, not an nonlinear test. My parents yell at me all the time because I have an IQ higher than 99.7% of people, can solve complex math equations, etc, yet I cant do simple every day tasks or handle doing certain things. They overestimate me in some areas of my life and underestimate me in others. There is so much more I cant even think of right now but will have to put down later. So what do you think I have, and if I do have something else, how should I go about telling them?

42. Dont ask questions.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2012, 8:55 pm

Schzotypal maybe- since paranoia is in your mix of issues.

Maybe you're downright paranoid schzophrenic.

You oughtta lay it all out in an honest way to a psychiatrist sometime to get a professional opinion.

answeraspergers
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2012, 10:02 pm

I could break down your post but the bottom line is:

http://www.psychtreatment.com/zoloft_side_effects.htm

antifeministfrills
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Dec 2012, 10:48 pm

Claytomau5 wrote:
Hello. I am 13 years old, Dx with Aspergers a year ago. I also have OCD and undiagnosed Lexicon Synaesthesia. Lately though, after reading some interesting threads on WP I am beginning to think I have a Personality Disorder. Possibly Scizoid, Schizotypal, Avoidant, or Borderline. I have strange perceptual experiences all the time, am extremely sensitive to criticism, have so many strange thought processes about the mysteries of life that I often contradict myself and give up because I have two thoughts at once, and they contradict eachothers logic. I have tons of conspiracies about everything, including big brother, large corporations, aliens, etc. I believe all of them. I cannot express how I feelcor my ideas in words at all. I believe that when I am near someone, if they touch me even slightly then they can read my thoughts, so I quickly try to change my thought process or move whenever touched.When I obsess over something, I obsess over it. Other people including my family think I am so insane they don't even try to understand or care about or listen to everything I say. I take Zoloft. My special interests are mental disorders, software, etc. I have an IQ of 142, taken with a proffesional, not an nonlinear test. My parents yell at me all the time because I have an IQ higher than 99.7% of people, can solve complex math equations, etc, yet I cant do simple every day tasks or handle doing certain things. They overestimate me in some areas of my life and underestimate me in others. There is so much more I cant even think of right now but will have to put down later. So what do you think I have, and if I do have something else, how should I go about telling them?

Without meaning to sound patronizing, you're only 13; your brain is going through a crazy time, developmentally. Why do you think schizoid, schizotypal, avoidant or borderline personality disorders might be appropriate diagnoses for you? I wouldn't go around telling anyone that you have a personality disorder unless you have seen a psychiatrist about it rather than the internet.
From what you've described it sounds like you're struggling with being misunderstood, which is very understandable since you have an autism spectrum disorder and are intellectually gifted. People find it hard to deal with someone who is brilliant in some ways and impaired in others. This website might help: http://www.twicegifted.net/

Noetic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2012, 1:14 am

You sound schizotypal but at 13 I don't think your personality is "fixed" yet. Speak to a doctor if you're worried. As pointed out above this could be a reaction to your meds too so please do talk to your doctor as the meds could be triggering a psychotic break.

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2012, 1:26 am

Do bear in mind that some personality disorders, schizoid and schizotypal of the the ones you listed in particular, specifically exclude comorbidity with autism spectrum (amongst other things) as diagnostic criteria. Meaning psychiatrists are not supposed to diagnose you as having both. One or the other. Avoidant behaviour patterns, for example, would be interpreted as simply behaviour stemming from you central diagnosis of autism. No need for an extra Dx there.

RemiBeaker
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Dec 2012, 6:25 am

How about Multiple-complex Developmental Disorder?
Here's a website about it: http://www.mcdd.be/informatie_McDD_mcddvspddnos_en.htm

C0MPAQ
Toucan
Toucan

28 Dec 2012, 7:18 am

Psychiatric disorders are just labels, they don't always really apply and the system is not very refined yet. Also, as some people pointed out, you are just 13 and whatever psychological symptom might still just sort itself out, especially if you have a lot of intelligence to compensate with.

That you resort to fantasy worlds/ideas is still somewhat 'healthy', maybe the same way children sometimes talk to imaginary friends and imagine stuff.

Since you claim to have such a high IQ, maybe you develop conspiracy theories as means for seeking to explain some gap in the ultimate coherency of your knowledge. If so, maybe you will see the unspoken bigger picture eventually.

Beliefs are very good, what's wrong is putting faith in them. Whatever you believe in requires to be tested, even if it is about reading thoughts by touching. There is so much you still have to figure out at your age.
For example, I only recently began to figure out pheromones better. My experiences aren't very scientific (since there is no real research on the topic), but I can smell pheromones very very well and I discovered that some people emit pheromones depending on their mood (e.g. comfortable, anxious, open, sexually interested, agitated, in disbelief, etc.), in a matter of 10-30 seconds, almost like means of communication. Cats do it too, but it are different but similar smells. Most people only emit sex pheromones though and some greater majority of people emits no pheromones at all. It is kind of an evolutionary abandoned trait. But so much about 'mind-reading'. Maybe you are subconsciously sensing the same thing and you interpret it wrong.

Well, what I wanted to tell you is, that there might be some truth to everything and at your age you are still figuring most of it out.

I was banned 1 minute after creating a thread which criticized the moderation, by mentioning issues like political censorship, social problems and problems of autism unfriendliness, especially in the chat.

Please contact me on http://aspiefriends.net

Noetic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2012, 7:26 am

RemiBeaker wrote:
How about Multiple-complex Developmental Disorder?
Here's a website about it: http://www.mcdd.be/informatie_McDD_mcddvspddnos_en.htm

Thanks, I was looking for that link for the "Schizotypal" thread.