Page 4 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 7:40 pm

You scored 16.0 out of 22 in 12.4 seconds

I bet I could do even better if I could do it again in a quiet room and listen to what they were actually saying. People making too much noise around me to hear.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 7:45 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Test taken on 29 December 2012: You scored 16.0 out of 22 in 7.7 seconds

the problem with this test is that is was designed by Baron-Cohen. a great deal of the things he takes for granted about empathy and emotional intelligence, especially regarding gender differences, is not necessarily reliable or valid in the real world.

interestingly... for empathy tests, if men do not know they are being tested, they will score the same as women. society tells men they don't understand emotions and can't "read" what people are feeling, so they believe it. but if you trick them by testing them on the sly, they are no worse than women at reading emotions.

This test is also a measure of vocabulary. I was a little unsure on the meaning of some of the words .

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 8:05 pm

Test taken on 7 January 2013: You scored 9.0 out of 22 in 8.5 seconds

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 5:45 pm

I just took it a second time and got 18 out of 22. Yay!

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 8:07 pm

Test taken on 14 May 2013: You scored 14.0 out of 22 in 10.2 seconds

Kafke
Raven
Raven

15 May 2013, 1:18 am

Test taken on 15 May 2013: You scored 12.0 out of 22 in 10.9 seconds

The average score for males with ASD is 12.8 out of 22 in 9.1 seconds
The average score for females with ASD is 11.3 out of 22 in 7.8 seconds
The average score for males with suspected ASD is 12.3 out of 22 in 12.1 seconds
The average score for females with suspected ASD is 12.1 out of 22 in 11.0 seconds
The average score for male neurotypicals is 10.3 out of 22 in 15.9 seconds
The average score for female neurotypicals is 15.0 out of 22 in 9.2 seconds

You are very likely an Aspie

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

15 May 2013, 2:19 am

Quote:
Test taken on 15 May 2013: You scored 16.0 out of 22 in 6.4 seconds

The average score for males with ASD is 12.7 out of 22 in 9.2 seconds
The average score for males with suspected ASD is 12.3 out of 22 in 12.1 seconds
The average score for females with suspected ASD is 12.1 out of 22 in 11.0 seconds

I'm a female neurotypical. Yay!! lol

This test is messed up because it has male NT's scoring lower than all autistics, which is ridiculous.

Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 May 2013, 4:54 am

Palakol wrote:
Test taken on 31 December 2012: You scored 18.0 out of 22 in 7.2 seconds

The average score for males with ASD is 12.3 out of 22 in 9.2 seconds
The average score for females with ASD is 11.4 out of 22 in 7.4 seconds
The average score for males with suspected ASD is 12.6 out of 22 in 10.8 seconds
The average score for females with suspected ASD is 12.2 out of 22 in 10.9 seconds
The average score for male neurotypicals is 9.7 out of 22 in 15.0 seconds
The average score for female neurotypicals is 14.8 out of 22 in 8.9 seconds

Neurotypicals on average score lower?

That's probably my fault. I gave this test to one NT, who lied that he got about 18/22. However, I saw the averages, he was the first one who scored as NT and his score was about 10. Apparently he had trouble with English but didn't want to admit it OR it was his own condition. I believe that he has schizophrenia or severe personality disorder (NPD or HPD). He lies constantly and makes up epic stories with him as a main character. I stopped communicating with him.

But it's probably my fault, I should have predicted his behavior, sorry for that. It's just unbelievable to me that one can lie that way, it doesn't make sense to me.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 10:39 am

65536 wrote:
Palakol wrote:
Test taken on 31 December 2012: You scored 18.0 out of 22 in 7.2 seconds

The average score for males with ASD is 12.3 out of 22 in 9.2 seconds
The average score for females with ASD is 11.4 out of 22 in 7.4 seconds
The average score for males with suspected ASD is 12.6 out of 22 in 10.8 seconds
The average score for females with suspected ASD is 12.2 out of 22 in 10.9 seconds
The average score for male neurotypicals is 9.7 out of 22 in 15.0 seconds
The average score for female neurotypicals is 14.8 out of 22 in 8.9 seconds

Neurotypicals on average score lower?

That's probably my fault. I gave this test to one NT, who lied that he got about 18/22. However, I saw the averages, he was the first one who scored as NT and his score was about 10. Apparently he had trouble with English but didn't want to admit it OR it was his own condition. I believe that he has schizophrenia or severe personality disorder (NPD or HPD). He lies constantly and makes up epic stories with him as a main character. I stopped communicating with him.

But it's probably my fault, I should have predicted his behavior, sorry for that. It's just unbelievable to me that one can lie that way, it doesn't make sense to me.

I think I contaminated the results by taking the test multiple times. The first time I got interrupted right in the middle of a watching a video twice, but still managed to get 16 correct. I took it a second time in a quiet environment and got 18 correct. Then I took it a third time because I wondered which ones I had gotten wrong and got something like 20 or 21.

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

15 May 2013, 12:32 pm

Chris71 wrote:
how come the average NT scores are *lower* than suspected ASD scores?
My score was 16, I doubt if that means anything though.
I have experienced that the average male NT is very much ASD compared to the average female NT.

Most male NT aren't really that good at non-verbal communication either.
But since they learn everything instinctively they don't really learn other stuff.
Whereas us ASD learn everything from a theoretical side and then learn to apply it in real life. So I think that's why we end up being better at reading faces after a while.

Anyway, I scored a 15. But it's so low res and my English isn't that good. Too bad you can't find a link with the correct answers.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 1:11 pm

sixstring wrote:
So I think that's why we end up being better at reading faces after a while.

Interestingly, I made my selections more so on what was said (content), how it was said (tone) and any context provided. And, then, I decided how that person should feel based upon that information.

Because I typically look at people’s mouths, I mostly do not "process" people's facial expressions. As a result, unless the character is happy (i.e. corners of mouth up), sad (i.e. corners of mouth down) or surprised (i.e. mouth open), I don’t get a lot of information from facial expressions.

So, let's take an example. On Test #2 – I guessed the woman was Embarrassed. Why? Well she was scolding the kids (content + tone). Then, the maid brought the woman a cake that was previously made by the kids (context). The natural emotion for the woman to feel was embarrassment (for having scolded the kids). I didn’t need to look at the face to guess that. LOL.

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 3:19 pm

I got around a 12.

I'm not sure I liked the test. The scenes were so short it was difficult to tell what was going on, in context. Also the fact that they are ACTORS means if they are not doing a good job of portraying that emotion it could be mistaken for something else. Also, genuine microexpressions cannot be faked, and those are a key part of interpreting facial expressions.

Also the answers are subjective, because whoever designed the test thinks they are feeling A and not B, is that really empiric fact, since the test designer is themselves judging what they see?

So I think it would be more accurate if they said "see how well what you think the face says, matches what the test designer thinks the face says."

Also some of the words meant almost the same thing, and I don't think people ever just feel one thing at a given time.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 3:31 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
Quote:
Test taken on 15 May 2013: You scored 16.0 out of 22 in 6.4 seconds

The average score for males with ASD is 12.7 out of 22 in 9.2 seconds

I'm a female neurotypical. Yay!! lol

This test is messed up because it has male NT's scoring lower than all autistics, which is ridiculous.

It's just because you can give on yourself if you are ASD or NT and you can't prove if they were professionally diagnosed or not. I belief if you would do that in a study with professional diagnosed people the answers would be different. Also many "NTs" who do that test through the internet will have other disorders instead.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 5:12 pm

Popsicle wrote:
I got around a 12.

I'm not sure I liked the test. The scenes were so short it was difficult to tell what was going on, in context. Also the fact that they are ACTORS means if they are not doing a good job of portraying that emotion it could be mistaken for something else. Also, genuine microexpressions cannot be faked, and those are a key part of interpreting facial expressions.

Also the answers are subjective, because whoever designed the test thinks they are feeling A and not B, is that really empiric fact, since the test designer is themselves judging what they see?

So I think it would be more accurate if they said "see how well what you think the face says, matches what the test designer thinks the face says."

Also some of the words meant almost the same thing, and I don't think people ever just feel one thing at a given time.

Well, I took it three times and this is what I did to eventually get a near perfect score: whenever more than one seems to fit, always go with the more specific context related word instead of the more general emotion. Also don't try too hard to figure out the words or context beyond body language or you might miss the expression.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 4:02 am

Test taken on 16 May 2013: You scored 10.0 out of 22 in 4.7 seconds

Hmm.

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 7:17 am