Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 9:42 pm

Fnord wrote:
It would help if a well-known female celebrity would "come out" as an Aspie, especially if her career is already well-established.

That would be a Watermark moment, indeed!

;)

Like Jodie Foster recently 'came out" at an awards night for being gay? One prominent hollywood female celebrity came out of the closet and declared she had Aspergers. Here's what happended
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt119418.html

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 10:40 pm

Darryl Hannah was "blacklisted" for her behavior before she came out as being Aspie.

Too bad, either way ... I think she's talented, intelligent, and nice-looking.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2013, 12:55 am

Fnord wrote:
Darryl Hannah was "blacklisted" for her behavior before she came out as being Aspie.

The article explicitly states Daryl Hannah claimed that at the beginning of her career she was "blacklisted" by Hollywood studios 'because' she suffered from Asperger's Syndrome.

Last edited by cyberdad on 03 Mar 2013, 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2013, 12:57 am

Fnord wrote:

Most people remember her because she dated JFK's late son. Not because she had Aspergers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2013, 7:45 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Darryl Hannah was "blacklisted" for her behavior before she came out as being Aspie. Too bad, either way ... I think she's talented, intelligent, and nice-looking.
The article explicitly states Daryl Hannah claimed that at the beginning of her career she was "blacklisted" by Hollywood studios 'because' she suffered from Asperger's Syndrome.

Unless the studio executives knew at the time that she had AS, they would be more concerned with her reluctance to socialize and "schmooze", and used that as their excuse to allegedly "Blacklist" her. She was allegedly "blacklisted" for her behavior, and not for A.S. - unless, of course, she told them that she has A.S. before they allegedly "blacklisted" her, in which case, she may have a legal basis for a ginormous lawsuit against them.

Keep in mind that Daryl Hannah (1) has only said that she has A.S. and that (2) she's only said that she was "blacklisted" for it. Judging by her words and actions as an environmental activist, I'm of the opinion that she may be just another Aspie-poseur claiming A.S. in order to have a "Get Out of Jail" card handy for when she gets arrested for stirring up trouble.

As for being "blacklisted", keep in mind that she is 52 years old - too old for any of the roles that once made her famous ... but that's just my opinion.

In This Article, her self-diagnosis becomes evident:

Judith Woods wrote:
She’s quite hypnotic when she speaks, and comes across as complex - fragile in appearance yet with a strong inner core. While her face remains serene, one of her legs jiggles nervously under the table. As a child growing up in Chicago she was so unfocused, she was misdiagnosed with autism - she believes it was probably the milder condition of Asperger’s - and was taken out of school by her mother Susan and her millionaire property developer stepfather Jerrold Wexler. Yet she was determined from an early age to become an actress - and was remarkably proactive, securing herself an agent at the tender age of 11 and winning her first film role in Brian De Palma’s 1978 thriller The Fury.

Belief is not proof. If Daryl Hannah is an Aspie, then so is every other over-the-hill actress in Hollywood.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2013, 10:02 pm

Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Darryl Hannah was "blacklisted" for her behavior before she came out as being Aspie. Too bad, either way ... I think she's talented, intelligent, and nice-looking.

Unless the studio executives knew at the time that she had AS, they would be more concerned with her reluctance to socialize and "schmooze", and used that as their excuse to allegedly "Blacklist" her. She was allegedly "blacklisted" for her behavior, and not for A.S. - unless, of course, she told them that she has A.S. before they allegedly "blacklisted" her, in which case, she may have a legal basis for a ginormous lawsuit against them.

Keep in mind that Daryl Hannah (1) has only said that she has A.S. and that (2) she's only said that she was "blacklisted" for it. Judging by her words and actions as an environmental activist, I'm of the opinion that she may be just another Aspie-poseur claiming A.S. in order to have a "Get Out of Jail" card handy for when she gets arrested for stirring up trouble.

As for being "blacklisted", keep in mind that she is 52 years old - too old for any of the roles that once made her famous ... but that's just my opinion..

Yes I see your point. Hollywood studios blacklisted her for her behavior and not necessarily because they thought she had Aspergers. Having said that her biography states she was diagnosed as a child with 'borderline autism' and had a speech delay.

Yes at 52 she is going to be cast as an older married type woman and not the roles she did hold such as in blade runner.

Disraeli
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Mar 2013, 4:36 pm

Daryl Hannah wasn't blacklisted because she might be an Aspie; she was blacklisted because she's a bad actress.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2013, 5:50 am

:lol:

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 7:25 pm

Fnord wrote:
In This Article, her self-diagnosis becomes evident:

Judith Woods wrote:
She’s quite hypnotic when she speaks, and comes across as complex - fragile in appearance yet with a strong inner core. While her face remains serene, one of her legs jiggles nervously under the table. As a child growing up in Chicago she was so unfocused, she was misdiagnosed with autism - she believes it was probably the milder condition of Asperger’s - and was taken out of school by her mother Susan and her millionaire property developer stepfather Jerrold Wexler. Yet she was determined from an early age to become an actress - and was remarkably proactive, securing herself an agent at the tender age of 11 and winning her first film role in Brian De Palma’s 1978 thriller The Fury.

Belief is not proof. If Daryl Hannah is an Aspie, then so is every other over-the-hill actress in Hollywood.

Wait, so what you derive from "she was diagnosed with autism but believes it is milder" is "she's a poseur who doesn't have anything at all"?
If you're so into professional diagnoses, she's autistic.