Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 9:45 pm

Why does being dateless seem to be a great burden to some, and no burden at all for others?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

stitch4518
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Dec 2012, 10:10 pm

My guess would be some have a stronger drive to procreate than others. Instincts can be real b**ch.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 10:12 pm

Same reason some aspies desire friendships and some are happy to be alone.

Everyone is different.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 10:18 pm

Fnord wrote:
Why does being dateless seem to be a great burden to some, and no burden at all for others?

because people have different wants. and some cant have what they want no matter what they do

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 10:29 pm

Heh... and some people just want (like crazy) the thing they don't have.

...then along comes a girl willing to date them and they either complain away, create excuses, manufacture reasons not to, or scurry away. Then complain some more that no one wants them. ;)

echinopsis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Dec 2012, 1:35 pm

Fnord wrote:

probably because to the others dating seems to be a great burden. (;

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 1:36 pm

BlueMax wrote:
Heh... and some people just want (like crazy) the thing they don't have.

...then along comes a girl willing to date them and they either complain away, create excuses, manufacture reasons not to, or scurry away. Then complain some more that no one wants them. ;)

People like that get right on my thrupenny bits.

TheValk
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 2:08 pm

Since there are different motivations for dating people, lacking such interests would explain unwillingness to date.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 2:23 pm

Some people just do not know what they want. I am talking about me, of course. Or so it seems; I am not sure.

Specifically: I am an introvert. Most of the time, I am satisfied in being alone doing things like playing video games, reading and drawing. And sports like swimming, parkour and martial arts, although the latter requires another person. However, sometimes I am too bored and I want to have company. That is when I begin to desire a relationship, even though: 1- I do not know anybody I would be interested in and; 2- I do not have any means (or interest, for that matter) of meeting new people to get around the previously mentioned issue.

From a logical standpoint, there is absolutely no reason for me to date anybody. I am guessing my occasional desire to date is biological. Damn you, natural selection! Why not make humans have the same sex drive as pandas?

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

lonelyguy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Dec 2012, 3:55 pm

I would love to get a date..but as i get older it just gets that bit harder..having AS does not help :(
Having interaction problems and being a shy person has kept me the lonely guy i am..but would love one day to meet a nice understanding lady that would accept me warts and all :lol: ....no! i don't have warts just in case you might just take it literally :lol:
I have tried dating sites but you have to be good looking working and clever..of which i am none of...just an honest average looking guy with a kind heart..but these days that is just not enough..but i am still looking :D