Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 10:37 pm

I guess I am in a horribly silly mood - I went to click on the forum and all I could think was "General Autism".

Yes, sir - a General. And maybe Lieutenant Asperger :D

Sorry - sorry - had to get it out of my system :lol: I might be the only one thinking this is uproariously funny - happens a lot :wink:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 11:15 pm

I saw this label in House Rules by Jodi Piccoult. I thought that was something new because I have never heard of it. Only, Kanner's, HFA, LFA, classic autism, very high functioning, and now General Autism? I knew that here but never saw it as a label.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 11:21 pm

Same thing people say with the PC. You know a General error?. but GENERAL Error, as in a military dude named Error.

TheValk
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 11:32 pm

Promotes from armour knight.

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 11:36 pm

I am sorry - I did not give enough information - the name of this forum is General Autism Discussion - I hadn't really paid close attention to the words before. I read it literally as "General Autism" - like a military general. I then had this visual of a military general which struck me funny. I should have explained more. I was feeling silly. I thought it might make people laugh - I usually do confuse people. I don't think autism is funny, I thought the way I read it literally was funny. I am laughing at myself and I thought it might be a funny image for others. :D

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

29 Dec 2012, 11:39 pm

Logicalmom wrote:
I guess I am in a horribly silly mood - I went to click on the forum and all I could think was "General Autism".

Yes, sir - a General. And maybe Lieutenant Asperger :D

Sorry - sorry - had to get it out of my system :lol: I might be the only one thinking this is uproariously funny - happens a lot :wink:

When I saw the topic name I immediately thought of Colonel Asperger, rather than lieutenant.

And yes, the word "general" often catches me like this. My first day in World of Warcraft was confusing because one of the chat channels was called "general." I thought it was a PVP thing at first.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 11:41 pm

I was thinking General Autism and Admiral Asperger for world domination by land and sea.

ianorlin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 11:48 pm

Why did I not think of that...

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 11:49 pm

Logicalmom wrote:
I am sorry - I did not give enough information - the name of this forum is General Autism Discussion - I hadn't really paid close attention to the words before. I read it literally as "General Autism" - like a military general. I then had this visual of a military general which struck me funny. I should have explained more. I was feeling silly. I thought it might make people laugh - I usually do confuse people. I don't think autism is funny, I thought the way I read it literally was funny. I am laughing at myself and I thought it might be a funny image for others. :D

It made me laugh!

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 12:35 am

btbnnyr wrote:
I was thinking General Autism and Admiral Asperger for world domination by land and sea.
nel

Oh,oh,oh! I like that!

And "colonel", Verdandi - I knew lieutenant didn't sound quite right - I thought of corporal, and that wasn't it either - colonel was the word I wanted!

Arcanyn
Toucan
Toucan

30 Dec 2012, 1:18 am

loner1984 wrote:
Same thing people say with the PC. You know a General error?. but GENERAL Error, as in a military dude named Error.

That was the guy who suggested to Bush that he invade Iraq, wasn't it?

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 11:20 am

Good 'un!

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 12:17 am

Arcanyn wrote:
loner1984 wrote:

That was the guy who suggested to Bush that he invade Iraq, wasn't it?

I would not be surprised if it was.

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 4:41 am

I can relate to what has been said here, general sometimes makes me think of a general in military! Long live General Autism! :D
I guess it is because I like puns that I think this is amusing.

loner1984 wrote:

I remember in Zelda II there was a guy called Error, I rolled on the floor laughing like crazy that even my brother checked what was going on in my room. To loosely quote the game:
"Hello, my name is Error."
I never had the chance to play the original Zelda II on NES but I played the GameCube port on the collection disc I got together with Mario Kart Double Dash. Great games, Error has my full sympathy - except for Garbage Collection Error in my special interest, I don't judge people by their jobs, but this Mr. Error is really bad at it and crashes the engine. :lol:

Because of this I am now in pun mode and TheValk's post made me laugh too as I misread a part of it:
Quote:
[...]armour knight.

Arm our knight! He is in need of proper modern weapons, otherwise he won't be able to protect General Autism's realm, a sword is ineffective in a time of guns!

Good laughs were given here, thanks for this thread, Logicalmom!

This makes me curious, does anybody else of you play with words?
Let's take the word "protect". Logically there must be a contect too.
If there is Germany, does that mean there is Gerfew? And why are there only Germen and no Gerwomen?
There was neither path nor way.
If there are Netherlands, logically there must be Upperlands too.
What if there is more than just one universe? In this one we have Earth as our home planet, in parallel universes there must be Eyeth, Mouthth, Noseth,...
etc.
I like that kind of jokes and can't stop making such, if I get into a mood like now. :lol:

Dreycrux
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 5:39 am

Logicalmom wrote:
Lieutenant Asperger :D

yes. I like that one 8O

Dreycrux
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 5:41 am

btbnnyr wrote:
Admiral Asperger

That's even better :cheers:

How does it look as my signature?

We need someone to put "Lieutenant Asperger" and "Colonel Asperger" in their signatures! Mabye even a "Captian Asperger" 8O

Just look at the dinosaurs, they died out because they didn't have a space program.