Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

mitchmimi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Dec 2012, 12:41 pm

ok might be a bit weird of a proplem ( if it is a proplem ) so here it gose

iam a huge sci-fi fan and write fan-fic ( doctor who mostly but have try fd and a new series) any case one thing i cant stand about fandom is that someone will tell you why like that you should love that no one likes that

are you trying to be diffrent ect ive got this mate ( who has as as well ) and normally i can just wave all his as stuff aside and look at him as a good guy but this part of him really anoys me and have no idea how to tell him heres a example or two

example one

int.pizza hut

mate cant belever you never seen the matrex

me not really intrest me thats all

mate you arnt a sci-fi fan unless you seen and like the matrex you are comming to my house to watch it and you will say oh i i love that movie its fantastic cause it is fantastic and you will love it

me ( give in ) ok lets watch it

when i told i didnt like and told him why he got annoid saying why you hate it and only people who dont understand it hates it

personally the matrex rellys on it self to explain every single thing and that over shadows the story

its worse when it comes to the new thundercats cartoon i told him i liked it and he got angry with me because of it going as far as to say the following

1 you can love the old thundercats not the new one

2 iam getting anoyed cause you're not crasping how bad it is

when i mentiond i didnt like the new turtles cartoon he went on and on and on about how i should love it cause its like the comics and thats what its meant to be ect

he went as far as to say to a mate of his ( i dont know him ) that i dont like the turtles

its stuff like that that really grinds my gears i can debate about whats good and whats bad but end of day i respect peoples veiw points and would never take it way from the person but this is really anoying me so had anyone have this anoying proplem or is it just me and any advice on how to tell him not say it thanks in advance

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 1:05 pm

Your friend sounds really bossy. He's trying to control what you like and what you don't like. You should either ignore him when he acts like this or try to find a new friend who will accept you for who you are.

ianorlin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 5:52 pm

I don't understand why your friend is telling you what to like it just seems dumb.

mitchmimi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Dec 2012, 6:00 pm

ianorlin wrote:
I don't understand why your friend is telling you what to like it just seems dumb.

he gose for the american aproch where this is the norm

we want this we want that we dont want this only r ***** likes this we were reading something where someone ask what animie you sugest the guy ( not him ) said some animie and my mate was like this is trash thats rubbish its fan service and he said the person dosent know smeg all about animie because of those selections

he thinks because that he been watching certain things for a long time he can tell me iam wrong in liking it thats why he dose it

actully i meant to ask this in the op dose anyone have this kind of thing all the time or is it just me

rose thanks for the advice but i dont want to cut him out of my life just want him to respect me for me not the person he thinks i should be