Ohh please just stop generalising things for gods sake!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Dizzee
Toucan
Toucan

30 Dec 2012, 1:00 pm

It annoys me how people use words like "outcast" or "socially awkward" on those who they don't understand. People get rejected or reject others for specific reasons, let it be appearance or no common interest's or something else but saying that they lack common feature is just a generalisation. When I see people discussing about autism, usually they talk about what the person with disability lacks of instead of analyzing his behaviour.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 1:09 pm

Generalization as a means of discussion about certain things isn't really a bad thing. Generalizing people into specific groups is bad, but it'll never change because humans will always have an idea of what "normal" should be and anything else is "outcast" to them.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 1:28 pm

Generally, I think you're talking nonsense.

:P

Richardf269
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Dec 2012, 1:30 pm

Dizzee wrote:
It annoys me how people use words like "outcast" or "socially awkward" on those who they don't understand. People get rejected or reject others for specific reasons, let it be appearance or no common interest's or something else but saying that they lack common feature is just a generalisation. When I see people discussing about autism, usually they talk about what the person with disability lacks of instead of analyzing his behaviour.

Outcast I can see your point...but socially awkward? Uhh...that part is true for people with those social problems. It's called that for a reason because it's a fact for most of those people. Dunno what the big problem is...