Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 5:01 pm

I've never been good at writing a brilliant story from scratch, but I am good with thinking up ideas for stories or films. I decided to write down one of my film ideas here:-

It's about a 11-year-old girl that lives with a single mum, but the mum dies in a tragic car accident in the beginning of the film. The girl gets upset, and doesn't want to be an orphan either, so she tracks down her dad's address and sets out on her own to try and find him. The whole film is of her having to do some of her talents in public to get some money in order to travel, and there are some bits where she gets picked on by a rough group of teenagers in the city. She does her best to survive on the city streets on her own, and in the end she finally finds where her dad lives. He hears about her mum's tragic death and decides to split up from his girlfriend (who is quite selfish and snobbish) so that he could move to where his daughter lives and look after her. So it all ends happily.
I would call the main character one of my favourite names (like Carrie, Summer, Jerri, or Sundae).

Anyone else got your own film ideas?

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 10:53 pm

I'd like to see a Broadway musical version of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly performed by dog-riding spider monkeys in tiny cowboy outfits. :)

MacDragard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 11:06 pm

There was this one lady...

And then there was this one cat...

So the cat ate the lady and the lady ate the cat!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2013, 9:32 pm

Mine is "Mulholland Drive" {minus the gay sex} meets "Jacob's Ladder."

A Pulitzer-winning, best-selling novelist encourages his disabled friend, a former stage actor, to audition for a role in a sci-fi movie that has a disabled lead character. {Or so he does.} His friend wins the role and through his friend, he meets the director and the lead actor of the film, who express interest in adapting his latest novel into a movie. He sells them the rights.
{Or so he does.}

His younger sibling resents his success after learning the rights were sold, even though he himself is a Pulitzer-winning best-selling novelist too with two works adapted to film. The younger brother goes after his older brother enraged and jealous.
So what is an older brother to do?

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 12:55 pm

This isn't really a movie idea, but I tend to visualize my concepts in a cinematic way, so here I go.

The Hexagon
Imaginary release date: Late 90s
Genre: Drama
Rating: PG-13 or R (for strong thematic material, language, and an intense scene of childbirth)

Scott Balk (Elijah Wood) is a fifteen year old adopted boy in a funk. His adoptive mother, businesswoman Jessica (Jodie Foster), loves him with all her heart, but she gets none in return. Alex McCormick (John Malkovich), Jessica's ex-husband who left the family when Scott was a toddler, is a successful writer of visceral thrillers with a couple of hit movie adaptations, and he has the biting cynicism to show for it. The studious Bebe Johnson (Christina Ricci), Scott's crush, comes from a well-off family who don't want her to associate with "future convict" like him. Michael Fairbanks (Peter MacNicol), Scott and Bebe's history teacher in high school, is a passive man who finds himself lacking worth and motivation. His wife Harriet (Ashley Judd) is cracking under the pressure of her biological clock, and is desperate to start a family. The lives of these six people come together when Scott impregnates Bebe on the night Alex comes back to town. Over nine months, they begin to bond in a way they couldn't have imagined...