Page 4 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 9:35 am

If you think I'm arrogant, so be it but since doing the whole OkCupid advice following the advice of Boo, I have had more sex, action and dates in six months than I have had in six years.

You can follow whatever principles you want but you'll be alone and bitter if you choose to play the high and mighty act on this one.

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 9:37 am

BlueMax wrote:
Now, now... let's not assume the worst. ;)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tb7yCCT4nM[/youtube]

Bullying near a staircase can be dangerous! Fortunately the dog is civilized and doesn't play with gravity :lol:

DefinitelyKmart
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jan 2013, 10:46 am

DefinitelyKmart wrote:
Simple fact, pua is for losers, the only reason it exists is to make money from schmucks, the game is a non existential thing, it is not moving it is not fluid, the game is rather a simple fact. most men and most women are straight, therefore need to get the opposite sex to fornicate with them, it does not move in trends it does not swirlf, every female/male is an individual with different likes wants and needs, the only thing you can do is to match their categories for this. reading a book will not make u a pua.

however having said that, if it increases your confidence then thats brilliant isn't it?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 11:05 am

Wolfheart wrote:
If you think I'm arrogant, so be it but since doing the whole OkCupid advice following the advice of Boo, I have had more sex, action and dates in six months than I have had in six years.

You can follow whatever principles you want but you'll be alone and bitter if you choose to play the high and mighty act on this one.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 11:52 am

:lmao:

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 12:01 pm

BlueMax wrote:

Yeah it's logical that steroids would f**k with the users heart since it's a muscle. Makes them sound pretty scary in my opinion.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 12:04 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:

You should start writing a book on online dating. It looks like it will sell big time.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 12:31 pm

MCalavera wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:

You should start writing a book on online dating. It looks like it will sell big time.

I write it in Arabic, you translate? :P

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 12:33 pm

If I get paid, too, why not? :lol:

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 7:28 pm

Shizz wrote:
testosterone is a chemical and we just feel it so if you fake it it's like bad jokes and trying too hard, the proof is in the pudding. How much money do you make? I"m so done with losers. I fell for a loser that all the online trolls liked and they all are just friggin poor and weak. Sorry to be so judmental but it's true. They jerk off to each other and get high and at the end of the day, they still weak and poor.

A lot of guys who pull a lot of women (whether they're Beverly Hills pretty boys or caffe latte drinking hipsters) aren't masculine at all. I'm bench pressing nearly 300 lbs and working on a master's degree in computer science, yet there are plenty of men with half my testosterone levels who get twice as many girls.

Since you're calling other people losers: How much money do you make every year? Do you have more than 1,000 Facebook "friends" since you're everything these so-called losers are not?

An alpha male is a leader (and typically because of features such as strength, intelligence, determination, and all that). In your average "cool guys" clique, there's ONE alpha male and his pack of beta and omega men. These beta and omega men still get plenty of p*ssy because they're with the cool crowd.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 8:09 pm

Kurgan wrote:
Shizz wrote:
testosterone is a chemical and we just feel it so if you fake it it's like bad jokes and trying too hard, the proof is in the pudding. How much money do you make? I"m so done with losers. I fell for a loser that all the online trolls liked and they all are just friggin poor and weak. Sorry to be so judmental but it's true. They jerk off to each other and get high and at the end of the day, they still weak and poor.

A lot of guys who pull a lot of women (whether they're Beverly Hills pretty boys or caffe latte drinking hipsters) aren't masculine at all. I'm bench pressing nearly 300 lbs and working on a master's degree in computer science, yet there are plenty of men with half my testosterone levels who get twice as many girls.

Since you're calling other people losers: How much money do you make every year? Do you have more than 1,000 Facebook "friends" since you're everything these so-called losers are not?

An alpha male is a leader (and typically because of features such as strength, intelligence, determination, and all that). In your average "cool guys" clique, there's ONE alpha male and his pack of beta and omega men. These beta and omega men still get plenty of p*ssy because they're with the cool crowd.

Is high testosterone with bad social skills.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 8:22 pm

PUA didn't invent it.

If you want to think alpha personality its the guy who's a corporate exec, the guy who's a company leader for a sales firm. He's the NFL linebacker or world cup soccer player.

Alpha woman, OTOH, is like Mila Jovovich in the Resident Evil movies or some of the ladies in the Descent movies - ie. women, attractive, but who wear a similar kind of authority and potent. With pop starlets you might think of Pink or Eve.

As an adjective it only makes the recipient superior if you desire to see such a thing as superior. IMHO for someone to be 'alpha' isn't necessarily good or bad, it really more depends on how they apply such power.

As for the PUA's, they take a market share of what we'd consider to be cultural loopholes and confusion. Women not knowing themselves, men not knowing themselves. What they lobby is really a critique of modern gender relations and they do so in the most insulting and attention-grabbing manner; ie. by teaching those who aren't having luck to exploit such confusion, lack of self-knowledge, and confusion in the opposite gender.

Obviously the last part makes awareness of a problem obvious, and quick.

Utnapishtim
Raven
Raven

01 Jan 2013, 9:40 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
As an adjective it only makes the recipient superior if you desire to see such a thing as superior. IMHO for someone to be 'alpha' isn't necessarily good or bad, it really more depends on how they apply such power.

Well the superiority aspect can give the impression of a class hierarchy. I dislike the idea that ethology can be using to create a caste like social stratification system when it comes to dating.

http://i.qkme.me/3senxn.jpg

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 11:04 pm

Zoology is the study of animals, so it seems perfectly appropriate to use the term on humans. I don't like the term either (maybe because I don't view myself as an alpha), but I think it can do a pretty good job of describing what it is a woman is attracted to. I think Boo is right about it being an idea that women perpetuate more than men. DISCLAIMER: I can already imagine some woman telling me that I'm generalizing women with this statement. I am. It doesn't matter if some women aren't like this, because the majority are, and if the majority of men want a girlfriend, they have to aim to please the majority of women.

Also, when I looked into PUA (I haven't done this in years), their idea of an "alpha" was more of an attitude and behavior that the guy had, and had not very much to do with his muscles or his wealth.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2013, 12:41 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
PUA didn't invent it.

If you want to think alpha personality its the guy who's a corporate exec, the guy who's a company leader for a sales firm. He's the NFL linebacker or world cup soccer player.

Not neccessarily, quite a few soccer players or football players as you would call them pay at least a thousand pounds to have sex with high class prostitutes and they are involved in affairs. There is nothing in their character which draws me to believe they would be able to take the initiative.

Being able to kick a ball or run with a ball doesn't necessarily make someone alpha and as for corporate success, some men on here have experienced corporate success yet they still struggle with relationships.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2013, 12:49 am

ShamelessGit wrote:
It doesn't matter if some women aren't like this, because the majority are, and if the majority of men want a girlfriend, they have to aim to please the majority of women.

Also, when I looked into PUA (I haven't done this in years), their idea of an "alpha" was more of an attitude and behavior that the guy had, and had not very much to do with his muscles or his wealth.

You also have to ask yourself, if you took the social status, money, fame away from the person, are they still attractive to the person that loves them? I would rather have genuine love over someone that values me for superficial things as such as the car I drive or the money. I'd rather meet someone that makes a lower income doing what they are passionate about over someone that is under corporate pressure, demand and stress from commute times. I train for myself because it gives me a natural high and makes me feel great.

In other words, don't be a sheep of society and you are more likely to meet a someone you share a genuine bond with in the long run.