Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 4:40 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Fnord, the next movie is a remake of The Wizard of Oz and will be out in March. Can't wait to go see!! !

I got it right on the a cute dog and the lonely and misunderstood child!

Wow, I'm PSYCHIC!! !*

I call that 100% accurate.**

Worship me.***

(*Not really. It's just a coincidentally accurate guess.)

(**... as would any psychic looking for a little fame and recognition.)

(***I'll accept cash, checks, and money orders of $100 or more.)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 5:02 pm

Israel will be attacked, triggering a war between them and a neighbouring country.

The US Congress will capitulate at the last minute and raise the debt ceiling, though not entirely on the terms that Obama wants.

Germany will move for a tighter union within the EU, a move which will be opposed by the UK; this will lead to a two (three?) tier Europe composed of the current Eurozone countries, the current non-Eurozone EU countries, and the countries in the European Free Trade Area. This will strengthen calls for a renegotiation of the UK's position within it.

The Assad regime will fall, but without a government to replace it - or rather, with several competing governments to replace it - the country will continue in civil war.

Tensions between the American states and the Federal government will increase further, with many of the states nullifying Federal laws. Calls for a referendum in Texas result in a bill being put forward in the state legislature.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 6:49 pm

More Fnordic Predictions for 2013:

I predict that a WP member will be revealed as The Chosen One.

I predict that the GOP will undergo a factional polarization that will eventually result in the formation of two new political parties.

I predict a strike by a major transportation union in the eastern United States.

I predict that a major European official will commit suicide rather than face repercussions from what will become an international scandal.

I predict that a military coup will be attempted in North Korea; it will be quickly neutralized, and the coup leaders will "disappear" forever.

I predict that an assassination attempt will be made against Mohamed Morsi, the president of Egypt; the outcome is currently unclear.

I predict that the latest super-secret U.S. aircraft will be revealed to the general public by a loose organization of data miners ("Hackers").

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2013, 8:18 am

The thing with the North Korean one is, we can't know if that's already happened - they wouldn't be very open about it...

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2013, 1:50 pm

1. s**t Will Happen.
2. There Will Be Blood.
3. IPhone Apps based on (1) and (2) will be released.
4. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram will collapse and never be heard of again.

EDIT: Oops. (4) is not a prediction... it is wishful thinking...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2013, 3:50 am

As the American economy actually begins to recover - admittedly slowly - the tea party will become a thing of the past, and soon forgotten as if they had never been.
And Keith Olbermann will go back to work for MSNBC.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

PM
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2013, 6:02 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
As the American economy actually begins to recover - admittedly slowly - the tea party will become a thing of the past, and soon forgotten as if they had never been.
And Keith Olbermann will go back to work for MSNBC.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Heh, MSNBC's corporate masters cannot stand Olbermann.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2013, 8:41 am

The economy will remain soggy and unrobust for the remainder of Lord Obama's term. We might even have another deep recession (deeper than the doldrums we are now suffering) which will call for Washington to intervene yet again and make things still worse.

There are those who think FDR cured the American Depression. That is not true. The U.S. suffered a double dip recession in 1937 in spite of all the alphabet agencies and tinkering of the FDR administration. The man who ended the Depression is named Adolph Hitler. Once the U.S. started gearing up for war, employment went up and we started to get out of the Depression for real.

ruveyn

Oldout
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2013, 10:59 am

ruveyn - Which country would you suggest we start a war with ?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2013, 11:06 am

Oldout wrote:

Iran. Before they get a nuke.

Starting a war is not a good idea though. The only logical basis of starting a war is a preemptive attack on a nation or group that is about to strike us. As it says in the Talmud: If he comes to slay you, rise up early and slay him first

ruveyn

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2013, 11:08 am

America is clean out of worthy, defeatable opponents since the USSR collapsed.

China would kick their ass, and neither North Korea or Iran would make them feel that big about themselves.

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2013, 11:11 am

ruveyn wrote:
Oldout wrote:

Its debateable whether or not Iran is likely to get, or is even trying for weapons grade nuclear material. Either way Iran arent pushovers like Iraq or Libya. They're a big country with a strong military. On par with an economically strong European country. America would be sending home a lot of black bags.

Of course they could just bomb from the air but knowing the US they cant help but have boots on the ground. I really hope America stays out of Iran because it will draw in other neighbouring countries, like Russia. It could possibly even trigger a 'next' world war.

My deviant art profile

Last edited by thomas81 on 05 Jan 2013, 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2013, 11:14 am

thomas81 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Oldout wrote:

Its debateable whether or not Iran is likely to get, or is even trying for weapons grade nuclear material. Either way Iran arent pushovers like Iraq or Libya. They're a big country with a strong military. On par with an economically strong European country. America would be sending home a lot of black bags.

Only if we invade. One can carpet bomb a country with nukes. Of course this will be a problem for all the neighboring countries including Israel, because of the fall out.

Invading a country with a population of 30,000,000 (1/10 of the U.S population) and rather advanced industrially, scientifically, and militarily is not a good idea. It should not be done, unless circumstances force us to.

ruveyn

ruveyn

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2013, 11:30 am

ruveyn wrote:

Only if we invade. One can carpet bomb a country with nukes.
ruveyn

Ive never heard of nuclear carpet bombing. It would pose a problem not just for the neighbouring countries but also for the pilot of the delivery aircraft trying to manoeuvre to get out of the way of the blast cells. As far as I'm aware America only has bombers which can carry at maximum, a few nuclear warheads per sorte. Carpet bombing is always orchestrated through conventional bombing, and I'm sure the Tehran leadership would anticipate this move and would fortify the place to the gills with Surface to air missiles and anti aircraft artillery, forcing an invasion where many thousands of americans will die on the ground. Even without Russian intervention it would be a disaster for all sides concerned.

My deviant art profile

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2013, 11:47 am

thomas81 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

Only if we invade. One can carpet bomb a country with nukes.
ruveyn

Ive never heard of nuclear carpet bombing.

The Ohio Class submarines are equipped with MIRVs (up to 12 warheads per Trident II missile). It is the very definition of nuclear carpet bombing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_i ... ry_vehicle

One Ohio can carry a nuclear payload 7,600 - 10,523 times more powerful than the bomb dropped on Hiroshima (disregarding START and SORT).

The US has 18 Ohio Class submarines (14 of which are ICBM submarines which carry 50 percent of the US nuclear strategic arsenal).

Of course, one Ohio could perhaps wipe out all life on the planet. Someone apparently watched Dr. Strangelove and went: "Oh, Yeah!".