Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Marrshu
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 119

30 Dec 2006, 1:52 am

Kevin Trudeau's "sources" are often misleading, dubious, or outright false. Don't trust anything he says. :P



peebo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Mar 2006
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,624
Location: scotland

30 Dec 2006, 8:29 am

SeaBright wrote:
... The quantum biologist was forced to accept the possibility that some new field of energy, a web of energy, something that science has not discovered yet, exists...


morphic resonance? orgone energy? chi? baraka? prana rays???


_________________
?Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.?

Adam Smith


SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,899
Location: Chicago, IL

30 Dec 2006, 11:24 am

Marrshu wrote:
Kevin Trudeau's "sources" are often misleading, dubious, or outright false. Don't trust anything he says. :P


That is RIGHT! Kevin wants to look like a smart thorough researcher out to help. What he REALLY is, and history bears this out, is a dumb marketer out to make a quick buck. I wonder what happened with that cookie MLM he started. (He had a special wieghtloss cookie and I believe the only other thing offered in the MLM were nightingale conant videos.)

BTW his infomercial type guest appearances border on illegal because the HOST is the "guest" invited to ask KT questions, etc... The whole thing is scripted.

I have heard a lot of studies on insulin. Heck, chromium and cinnamon(YEP, the SPICE) are supposed to be good and can help prevent its onset and limit its effects. That little bit of info can cost the drug companies MANY millions of dollars! But I have NEVER heard of a cure. I'm sure if there was one that mary tyler moore, a RICH producer that seems nice, is chairperson of the Diabetes association, and has it herself, would at least not be trying to get people to donate for a cure.

Steve



Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,750

30 Dec 2006, 6:49 pm

Marrshu wrote:
Kevin Trudeau's "sources" are often misleading, dubious, or outright false. Don't trust anything he says. :P


Do you have any examples?



Marrshu
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 119

30 Dec 2006, 10:40 pm

Remnant wrote:
Marrshu wrote:
Kevin Trudeau's "sources" are often misleading, dubious, or outright false. Don't trust anything he says. :P


Do you have any examples?


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Trud ... _of_claims

http://dir.salon.com/story/books/featur ... index.html

If you want more, let me know (Although you could probably do a Google search and find out faster.) He's been banned from the FTC for his false sources and claims. Unforuntaly, they can't ban him from selling books. :\



Flow
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,500
Location: WrongPlanet

31 Dec 2006, 10:30 am

My great-grandmother could tell when people were going to die. And no she was not a medical professional.
Sometimes I know when things are going to happen before they do.
I can also read omens of things.
I can do a little palm-reading too.
I am so into physic stuff, but I can never talk about it because people will think, that I am crazy.
I can also interpret my dreams, read runes, and do certain forms of card readings.
There is a lot of other stuff, but it is too confusing to explain.



SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Age: 46
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,407
Location: Halfway back

31 Dec 2006, 12:14 pm

SeaBright wrote:
ok..heres some interesting BLIPS .....


ooh_choc wrote:
You're taking the scientific opinion of someone who (...) and believing him when he says things that contradicts the consensus...?


Interesting Assumption......
It almost seems as though you have a THEORY OF OTHER MINDS. A theory of my mind--now that's interestingly non factual.

Theory: contemplation or speculation; guess or conjecture.

Perhaps you would have been more precise to ASK "Are you believing the scientific opinion of someone who such and such" or "Do you actually believe people who say things which are not popular with the majority?"

Otherwise it's just slander thrown out as truth for which you have no basis, or history, or fact, or repoire to know--WHAT IT IS THAT I THINK OR BELIEVE AND TO WHAT DEGREE.

And I don't actually answer questions or engage in much learning to people who as a character trait engage in the fact finding mission by throwing out slanderous objections as a means of ascertaining a truth (hah) by disecting the response. Is that what you are doing?

ANYWAYS...(deep whistle, roll of the eyes) I'm going to go back to reading about the POSSIBILITIES now. And I'll try not to let your assumption get in the way of my quest for world peace, health, harmony.

Possibilities:
the state or fact of being possible

Possible: of uncertain likelihood

Likelihood: a probability or chance of something

Fact: something that actually exists; reality; truth


_________________
"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."


SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Age: 46
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,407
Location: Halfway back

31 Dec 2006, 1:52 pm

Wow. Alot of controversy over a free book that Might have a few good reccomendations for healthy living. Fact is, when you order the book you are 'given' a free 3 month subscription to 3 magazines of your choosing.

I think most people know how THAT works.

They try to push the magazines, you say no no no. They lose out on the commission from the magazines--you stealthily avoid the future cost of something you wouldn't buy anyway. Oh wait. That's just me. I can't speak for others, not knowing them and all.

Well, I do find it interesting. Because it is within the realm of taking steps to discover THE ANSWER.

With the answer lies the fact. (hmmm... lies....the fact...nm)

I also find Soviet psychic history subjects involving military testing et al. ...interesting

And ya'll, I don't trust those 'what and who is believable or not' cites any more than I trust the information that I read or what I see on the tv. Period. There is just not enough information given.

This particular study citing was written something to the effect of HI I am not a scientist but I heard about this study and I want to share it with you. Whatever peoples opinions are of the author....doesn't sway mine. OK FIIIIINE. Here is a partial of my opinion. Partial because it isnt formed yet--and truly may never be.

CONTENT SET ASIDE: I liked the guys attempt to fight a percieved injustice. There may be a fact to the injustice or maybe not, that wasn't MY POINT IN READING. Was there a tidbit of information about autistics in there? I don't know, it's not written in standard or even realivantly or common standard format. And glaringly there is always the overplayed message about the pharmacutical companies, which tends to make me think the book is designed for an audience that I am not a member of. But ignoreing all of that whoopla I found another persons view ON THE POSSIBILITIES.

Stating the pharmecutical companies prefer the populations come to them for care opposed to natural remedies, does not seem to me too controversial. It's all in how people read the message. Personally, both are viable.


He generates an income and trys to help people at the same time, real or fantasy, he believes in what he does--I find NO FAULT in that.

Even if it is a no brainer: Burger King and prozac vs Vegetarianism, sunlight, and excersise.

I mean, it's what you want to make of it. I haven't read the book yet, but if I ever get past the format in which it's written, I'll let you know what I think of his credit rating (???)

http://kevinfightsback.com/

I don't see where he cites ANY of his information. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. I don't see where or why this would keep anyone from googling for such or similar studies.

I also just asssssssssumed US military. But it simply states military. Could be any. Could be fantasy. Could be why he's not being sued over the statement.

If proven, could photon mimicry of DNA explain Psychic detectives abilities in part. That's what I wanna know. If disproven, then where is the explaination to be found. In the end-who cares. The process of science takes too long to have the answers to life the universe and all it's mysteries.

Which according to a fiction book is 42. Is it 42? Why do I find dead people? Do I even? Does it even matter? Who defines what matters? Do they even? What proves a thing? What disproves a thing? According to who? Does it even matter? According to who? And who the bleep are they anyways? And why does it matter? And does it?

I have a grandmother (adopted) who says she prayed and prayed and prayed that I would be ok during my kidnapping. I was ok-but did what she do effect this? dunno. can't prove it. she believes it.
I have an aunt (adopted) who says she works for the police to find dead or living missing children psychically. does she have this capability? don't know. can't prove it. wouldn't ask. she sure didn't find me. or did she? hmmmm.
I have a father (adopted) who believes he is a psychic and energy healer. is he? don't know. can't prove it. wouldn't ask. I am healthy. does it relate? hmmmmm. don't know. don't care. never seen it for myself.
I have a sister (adopted and no relation to the others) who believes she finds dead people and communicates with the dead. does she? I don't think so.
I have found 2 dead people, a floating dead dog, and unburyed a squirrl--all because I was consumed by the need to 'walk this way'. Only one was on purpose. And I didn't find her. I purposely AVOIDED where she was. But I didn't know where she was. So how can it be that she was there? don't know. sorta care. if there is science to it, I want to know about it-because it helps me to understand and experience ME.

It's not so much for me whether or not these things exist or proving them to non believers. Enough people KNOW they exist, including myself. I just wanna know how they work. Because most people who have experienced anything on their PSYCHIC spectrum will tell you in response to how it works-"I don't know"

people who were differently wired used to be given lobotomies. society used to think we all died during sleep and came back alive during waking. we went to the stars because somebody dared to ponder. how is it that a person can experience another situation from miles away? How is it that a person can experience a situation that hasn't happened yet?

The burden of proof. Not mine. I'm going to experience regardless. Forcing experience around skeptical people who function under a restricted thought process never seems to work, rather, I hypothesis that it is less likely to work, because their thoughts and disapproval create a negative environment that clouds the functioning of the process at hand. In which case: psychics are disproven by lack of ability to perform on command.

When something comes to you 'when it feels like it'--how do you test such a thing?

weird.

long winded as usual.


_________________
"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."


spirited
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 140

03 Jan 2007, 10:25 am

Everything you have mentioned, I have experienced. I am very sensory-sensitive. Finding lost things, knowing when someone is very sick, and often, what is wrong with them. Knowing when someone is in pain. (This skill has really helped people that are non-verbal) I can't explain it. I thought I was alone with this one, but now I am thinking its part of the spectrum. I have a weird way of getting an impression of someone, normally a bad situation, and calling them to warn them. My relatives learned to listen to my wierd calls.



SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Age: 46
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,407
Location: Halfway back

03 Jan 2007, 8:45 pm

That's cool spirited!

Mostly, I learned to lay low. I had no one to explain *. And didn't want to be misdiagnosed skitzo. What with the way they test on people....throw away people.

Sometimes I am feeling :twisted: though..... and bring things up people know I don't know. :P


It's all so much guess work, though surprisingly correct. I envy the adept and the secrets they hold :wink:


_________________
"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."


KurtmanJP
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 690
Location: Ramona, California

03 Jan 2007, 8:53 pm

I'm not psychic but I wish I had telekinesis.


_________________
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
- Hunter S. Thompson


Droopy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 323
Location: Ohio

04 Jan 2007, 11:32 pm

There's a book called "Solutions for Adults with Asperger Syndrome" by Lovett. It talks about how Aspie's seem to have a 6th sense. I seem to have it but it's weird so I don't put much thought into it. Sometimes with people though I can't help but feel so over-whelmingly uncomfortable though avoid them. There was this one girl I use to work with and I got a bad feeling about her. She ended up killing her babies, dowsed them and her house with gasoline and set the place on fire. It was all over the news and come to find out she's unfit to stand trial.
So yeah, when it comes to people, I pay attention to my 6th sense but I've never seen dead people as far as I know.