Dating Sites: what do people think of them?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2006, 7:19 pm

I noticed this thing about dating sites. Some people appear far less approachable online than in person, especially the girls with good-looking photos. So when I see one of their profiles, I think to myself: "this girl will never like me even for a second, and will tell me to f*ck off if I try to appoach her". However, when I see a similar-looking girl in real life, she's often very nice and comfortable to talk to, even when she's not romantically intersted in me. Is there something about computers and the internet that makes people appear cold and standoffish?

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2006, 8:02 pm

I doubt I'd find anyone I'd want to date at one. I'm so picky. Plus, it's often difficult enough to arrange real-lifee meetings with platonic online friendships.

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2006, 5:40 am

I signed up to Plentyoffish, I got a message from a woman suprisingly enough, which I thought was a joke. I have the profile switched off at the moment. Since the none of women on it locally appealed to me. My life circumstances aren't so great at the moment (Nearly 24, still living with dad, never held down a job for long, no car, still got 2 1/2 years left in my college program).

Sites like wrongplanet seem to have more going for me, than any dating sites. Fellow Autistics tend to understand my life circumstances better than NT's do, (who make fun of it often).

myeyesseekreality
Raven
Raven

05 Jan 2007, 4:08 am

THEY SUUUUUCCCCKKKK!! !! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

quiet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jan 2007, 4:38 am

I've noticed that there are very few girls on those dating sites (like Yahoo personals or match.com) who are around my age (that live within 20 miles of me). The ones who are listed mostly either weigh far more than I do (not a joke, or an insult, just an observation) and/or have no similar interests. I never bothered filling out a complete profile with one of those sites for those reasons.

The girls that I have gotten to know on the internet were people who I had similar interests with, which I suppose is "No, duh." However, it shows how those dating sites are worthless to me.