Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Valueman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jan 2013, 6:08 pm

Do you have normal (daily ) routines . If you miss doing your routine does it affect you? How?

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 6:18 pm

Don't really have specific routines but I do need tons of structure and to know what will happen that particular day, etc.
I can get really irritated or just be quite irritable and/or overwhelmed in general if I don't have structure or if I'm confused about what's going to happen or something.

Basically I like predictability a lot and can be upset or overwhelmed if it's lacking.

Valueman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jan 2013, 6:29 pm

for the most part, I have a set time to get ready and use of four clocks in my apartment to keep on track. As well as to see my friends at some points putting them to up to four to seven days in advance. A sort of putting in que for the days coming up, with a plan "b" in effect with the day of the trip , or event. If something goes wrong I try not to worry.

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 8:10 pm

My routines are very specific that involve playing games, eating at a certain time and have an extreme order of doing things on the internet. If ever the routine is blocked or prevented, I often become agitated, anxious and restless until the time slot passes or I do get to do it. Say if the computer or console does not work, I become quite physically ill until I fix or otherwise rectify the problem.

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

EMTkid
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jan 2013, 8:37 pm

I specifically avoid forming routines in my life. It is stressful, but not near as stressful as when those routines fall through. Given the upredictability of my career in EMS and such, its more likely that I will end up losing it over a getting woke up in the middle of the night or not getting to eat on time than the simple stress of not having a routine.

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 9:11 pm

I kind of have a routine when I first get on the computer for the day.

spiug12
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jan 2013, 9:36 pm

Valueman wrote:
Do you have normal (daily ) routines . If you miss doing your routine does it affect you? How?

Yes and many timers to help me track them
In my case if my routines falter I then need to rely on freshly processed data from my sensory awareness, as I process inputs slowly and in an incosistent - often one sense at a time manner, this can leave large gaps and slow forming of responess to needs.
application of timing/routines really helps me streamline my life and reduce stress. My routines are based on long term observation of patterns not imposition of fixed rules, the pattern can be changed it just takes some effort, thinking and plenty of time for me to notice what needs to be done.

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 12:11 am

I WISH I could get into a routine! My life would be so much simpler and less chaotic. But unfortunately I live with my mother (and her BF stay here a lot). Their plans always seem to supercede my own. So whatever I plan or schedule gets kicked to the curb because they wanted me to do something else -- whether it be help do yard work or travel with them to visit a family member.

spiug12
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jan 2013, 1:54 am

the patterns that fit need not be complex nor forced to cover a long time, just doing what works when it is there to be done can help provide some calm routine. It is the figuring out, that I find knackers me.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 4:02 pm

I do have a routine such as eating my lunch and dinner at the same time also going outside at the same time as well.

Valueman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jan 2013, 6:14 pm

Thank you for all the responses, this lets me know others are similar with my routines.

valueman

leojewels91
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Jan 2013, 8:04 pm

I don't really have a routine either but if i am expecting something to happen during the day and that something does not happen, I can have emotional breakdowns. My medicine helps me to stay calm in most of those types of situations, because one of my most challenging symptoms are inability to react appropraitely to emotions. I am a 21 year old female still working react appropriately to my emotions. :oops: embarrasing

Charges
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jan 2013, 12:29 am

My routines are centered around what foods I eat. Without them, I become very depressed; my meals and the way I have them laid out are literally my source of happiness.