03 Jan 2013, 4:07 pm

http://www.cease-therapy.com/

Anyone tried this? Comments?

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 4:12 pm

I take various herbal medicines. Not homeopathic, though, I usually look at mine through the lens of traditional Chinese medicine. Homeopathy I'm unsure of the effectiveness of.

Also, the idea that heavy metals causes autism is a bit irrelevant. Why? Because even if heavy metals do have an effect on autism, everyone is getting the same amount of heavy metals through environment, diet, etc, so it doesn't explain why some people get it and some don't. In this regard it's more like phenylalanine allergy, except heavy metals are much harder to prevent dietary contamination. Why I like Chinese medicine is that it spends less time thinking of the actual "cause" of a disease, and more about how to strengthen the body to adapt against the disease. Also in Chinese medicine, it's very holistic, ie, kidneys are connected to back, etc. I like it. One Chinese medicine formula I like for ASD is bu nao wan.

compiledkernel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Jan 2013, 4:31 pm

On the homeopathic front I make regular use of

Chamomile - Its a natural Antispasmodic, Carminative, and a natural nerve conditioner.

Small doses of catnip (while not creating a drunken condition in humans) is excellent for breaking a fever.

BlackBerries - A HUGE antioxidant dose.

WIld Quinine - A excellent kidney conditioner

FeverFew I believe is a natural anti-inflammatory.

PMs are fine, but my answers are probably going to be weird.

fantastico
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Jan 2013, 5:05 pm

I am not liking this "cure" word used on this page again and again as a mother of a ASD child. That makes me skeptical about this to start with . :?

I am giving my son some supplements for two reasons: 1) They give him brain energy so he benefits from therapies better.. 2) he does not like the texture of many meat products so he eats really little meat for his age, they supplement his nutrition in the meantime, especially iron. :D

Threore
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Jan 2013, 5:21 pm

Homeopathy is quackery. The site uses complicated terms and abbreviations to sound impressive, promises all you could wish for to draw in the desperate and throws in some facts and falsehoods to make it sound like they know what they're talking about. It's NOT fact-based medicine, it's fraud and you should stay far away from them because they are after your money and nothing else. If you want therapy ask your doctor for options and if possible check with other people, like those on WP, whether it's a good therapy or not. Google it, get informed and don't fall for fraud medicine like homeopathy.

Edit: That is, unless you want to throw away money, be told you're doing the right thing and aren't actually having any problems. In which case I would recommend giving the money to charity instead.

Last edited by Threore on 03 Jan 2013, 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kotshka
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 5:24 pm

Threore wrote:
Homeopathy is quackery. The site uses complicated terms and abbreviations to sound impressive, promises all you could wish for to draw in the desperate and throws in some facts and falsehoods to make it sound like they know what they're talking about. It's NOT fact-based medicine, it's fraud and you should stay far away from them because they are after your money and nothing else. If you want therapy ask your doctor for options and if possible check with other people, like those on WP, whether it's a good therapy or not. Google it, get informed and don't fall for fraud medicine like homeopathy.

Agreed. There's mountains of evidence to support the claim that homeopathy is a scam, and absolutely none that I've seen (beyond manufactured word-of-mouth) that it actually works.

Edit: Why's the image tag not working? Is the internet broken? : (

rabidmonkey4262
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 5:44 pm

Threore wrote:

Edit: That is, unless you want to throw away money, be told you're doing the right thing and aren't actually having any problems. In which case I would recommend giving the money to charity.

Sites like these market to the "desperate uninformed parents" demographic. It's a bunch of hokum. If you want to know if something is legitimate or not, you have to look at the reputable scientific journals. Beware of people who flaunt the "doctor" title without giving you any information about how/where they got the degree.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 7:26 pm

Threore wrote:

Edit: That is, unless you want to throw away money, be told you're doing the right thing and aren't actually having any problems. In which case I would recommend giving the money to charity instead.

Very good observations.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 10:03 pm

Quote:
Also, the idea that heavy metals causes autism is a bit irrelevant. Why? Because even if heavy metals do have an effect on autism, everyone is getting the same amount of heavy metals through environment, diet, etc, so it doesn't explain why some people get it and some don't.

Plus, if you do have heavy metal poisoning-related brain damage, curing the heavy metal poisoning won't undo the damage - just stop it from getting worse.

invisiblesilent
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 11:40 pm

Cease as in STOP homeopathic therapy for anything. Like has already been pointed out: it is snake oil - sugar pills and water. It makes me angry that shysters are able to prey on vulnerable people with crap like this.

ianorlin
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 11:44 pm

invisiblesilent wrote:
Cease as in STOP homeopathic therapy for anything. Like has already been pointed out: it is snake oil - sugar pills and water. It makes me angry that shysters are able to prey on vulnerable people with crap like this.

That is what I thought this thread would be about when I looked at the title to stop Homopathic therapy.