Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TTRSage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jan 2013, 12:57 pm

I don't even own an ear dildo and really do hate the blasted things with a passion (well I do have a throw away Tracfone for emergencies that I never use and have to remind myself to charge the battery from time to time). I have never sent a single text message in my whole life. Don't you just hate it when you go walking along and encounter one person after another with their heads buried in one of those contraptions. It makes meeting people worse than next to impossible.

zethra09 wrote:
Honestly, I detest the sound of that alarm...

Hear, hear... I used to work at a large government radar where they installed a very loud phone ringer right above the computer terminal where I often worked after the Ops crew missed a few phone calls due to a high noise level in that room. When that ringer went off, it would send shudders and shock waves through my whole body until somebody answered it. Then it still took me a minute or two to recover afterwards.

zethra09
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jan 2013, 1:53 pm

Yes! Every time the tones go off I get this startled feeling in my gut and takes a minute to go away. I get the same feeling when the phone rings or when my clock goes off. I'm kinda jumpy with sudden noises, but once I get on the truck or in the ambulance I'm good to go. I'm starting to get used to it though.

TTRSage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jan 2013, 1:17 pm

TTRSage wrote:
zethra09 wrote:
Honestly, I detest the sound of that alarm...

Hear, hear...

BTW, that pun was not intended... I didn't even notice it until a day later when I took a look at this forum again... my Aspie cognitive delays I suppose. Now that I see it, it actually seems kind of funny.

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 12:07 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I went through a phase of texting a few people, but I don't text so much any more. I talk to most people on Facebook, and I used to have a man who used to text me a lot (he doesn't go on Facebook), but he stopped a couple of months ago, because he's got a bit moody that I didn't go out with him.

That sucks. Were you ever interested in that man? Did you ever want to hang out with him or not?

Musicluv90
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jan 2013, 8:46 pm

I text somewhat frequently, I'm attached to my phone though. But my special interest is technology so I never go anywhere without it. It also houses all of my music. I hardly ever initiate texts unless there is something I need. But i try to reply promptly, not everyone does and the people I text have iPhone's with their read receipts turned on (which means it alerts you when your message has been read) and they take ages to respond. It is very frustrating, and I always worry that I have said something wrong or done something to warrant them to ignore me.

g2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jan 2013, 3:54 pm

I text, with friends and occasionally to contact family.