When did you become interested in dating?

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 5:29 pm

I thought girls were annoying and I avoided them until the age of 15, at which time I had my first crush. It was confusing for me because I had never had a desire that another person had to satisfy for me before (the fact that my parents bought food for me and gave me a place to live was sufficiently detached in my mind from enjoying food and shelter that it did not feel like anyone was providing those things for me). I still avoid most girls because I still think most of them are annoying, but this is frustrating for me because I have desires now that require a female body to satisfy.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 5:43 pm

"drama packs"... I love it. :D That should be the collective noun for teen girls on that type. "I was followed home by a drama of girls... it was awful!"

:lol:

Don't worry about it... 13 isn't a crucial age for something to develop - the hormonal change is hard enough! One doesn't need to thrust girlfriends or homosexuality into his face!

When someone nice comes along, some romance may spark - and it'll probably be much healthier than just being infatuated with the prettiest girl in his class!

Me? I had a boyish crush on the same girl from almost kindergarten until grade 6 where her snotty attitude started to revolt me - that attraction turned to a friendly brunette who really became my feminine ideal... well... for life!

BookPerson
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jan 2013, 5:59 pm

jjacmom wrote:
My ds(13) has shown no interest in dating. He says girls travel in packs and are full of drama. There have been a few girls who have been flirty with him but he could care less. I know 13 is young but I remember having crushes at that age. Ironically, if he was interested we probably wouldn't allow him to pursue it. Just wondering at what age we should expect an interest.

Don't worry about him. I was the same way up to about 16. But that interest was different than just being interested in dating, in a general sense. It wasn't the activity itself that interested me, but a girl I met. (I never did date her, by the way.) I think it really depends on the person, but I wonder if, for your son, it will be more dependent upon meeting a girl rather than wanting to date. Now, when that will be, one couldn't know - though I have a feeling it will probably be when he's older.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, jjacmom, that your son might still [ahem] have the same hormones as his friends, though he might not want to date. Just thought I should add that in.

Last edited by BookPerson on 04 Jan 2013, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 6:03 pm

jjacmom wrote:
When did you become interested in dating?

When my older brothers started talking about women and their "magical girly bits".

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

FalsettoTesla
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 6:05 pm

jjacmom wrote:
Do you have any suggestions? Thanks so much for all your help.

It depends, what genre's of books/films/tv-shows does he generally enjoy/what's his reading age, and what do you regard as 'acceptable content'?

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 8:56 pm

BlueMax wrote:
"drama packs"... I love it. :D That should be the collective noun for teen girls on that type. "I was followed home by a drama of girls... it was awful!"

Lol, I think I'm going to adopt that myself and try to force it into popular usage.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 12:22 am

Had "crushes" on both genders beginning at 6 or 7. Got sexually attracted to mostly guys (and the odd girl) starting at the age of 12.

As for dating...was never really interested until I met my current boyfriend. He is the only person that things have ever felt right with to the point where I don't want to be with anyone else.

I have been in two relationships before, but both of them didn't last long and didn't feel right. During these times, I wanted to see other people and tried to stick with them as I thought I was happy with them, but I wasn't.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 2:22 am

Not yet, I'm only 28. I suspect it might happen around 40 or so

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 2:25 am

Not yet, I'm only 28. I suspect it might happen around 40 or so

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 5:57 am

i also dont see the appeal of dating yet, at 25; although i do feel i 'should' get a girlfriend; it gets lonely sometimes.
i started getting interested in the female form, purely aestetic, at around 17 or 18; and got interested in having a relationship at 22.
my first crush, however, is only starting to shop up now, i think, i never had one before so i dont know what to think really.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 12:10 pm

While I did have a friend I really liked around 3-5, I didn't really start to have attraction towards girls until I was 11. As far as dating goes, I don't think I ever will be. I just don't see why jumping through hoops and lying to other people in order to impress them should be necessary, nor is it a good way to build any kind of decent relationship.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...