Internet Explorer 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Safari 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Other 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 60

Abstract_Logic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 10:58 pm

I've tried virtually all popular web browsers. I used to use Chrome and Firefox a lot, but recently I started liking Opera.

RPG enthusiast
Has OCD, social anxiety, CPTSD

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 11:06 pm

i am not an adventuresome type, so i've stuck with IE from the beginning.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 12:38 am

I use IE10 because it is great, and Microsoft is great, and Paul Allen is great (yay Seahawks!) and Bill Gates is great and Redmond is great! Isn't that great!

(Ugh! I'm gonna vomit).

TheSleepyOne
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Jan 2013, 1:06 am

I'll use Firefox on a desktop and safari on my iPod.

Valkyrie2012
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jan 2013, 2:27 am

I use firefox because it is open source. Any company that doesn't let me see under the bonnet... doesn't get two seconds of my time. I won't go into a rant as to why I think Bill Gates and his products are sinister... (especially how he has invested millions on making mosquitoes into a vaccination carrier! But that's another issue beyond software and this thread...)

And other than the open source the add ons to firefox are super wonderful! It took my boyfriend months and moths to finally get me to switch.. in the end... SUPER glad I did :)

windtreeman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jan 2013, 3:23 am

@redrobin62 HA! Go Seahawks! I use Chrome...back when my computer had a virus in college, the only browser that wouldn't immediately crash (for whatever reason) was Chrome. I eventually fixed the issue but never stopped using Chrome. I've dabbled in IE and Firefox for ages and even used Opera for a few months and honestly, they're all great.

Threore
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Jan 2013, 5:47 am

Chrome. I used to use firefox before, then I used both for a while and after firefox started changing the layout completely every few months I switched to chrome permanently.

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 10:27 am

I put Dolphin on my phone and it seems a little faster than the vendor browser. It also has better window management and a menu "quit" item, which is bizarrely missing in the vendor browser.

ianorlin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 10:48 am

I use chrome.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 12:11 pm

Firefox because of the ad blocking add-on feature. Don't like chrome because it is a system hog. Don't like IE because it lets all the crap through and is slow.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 12:21 am

The only advantage Firefox currently really has over Chrome is in memory usage and I don't know how long that will remain true. Chrome is measurably faster in virtually every way and in my testing has had fewer bugs - sometimes I wonder how much QA is even being done over at Mozilla. That's not to say Firefox is a bad browser, there's just no point when Chrome is a better browser. I haven't had issues with Chrome's memory usage slowing down my system.

Same with Opera - it's really a great browser these days, but there's no point when Chrome is measurably better.

silentlyvela
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jan 2013, 2:56 am

Another thing that I really like about chrome is that each tab runs it's own process. So if 1 tab crashes your tabs with other sites won't.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 3:15 am

they need to make a version of chrome which runs on cheap/old puters. not all of us can afford spanking shiny new puters.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 9:57 am

auntblabby wrote:
they need to make a version of chrome which runs on cheap/old puters. not all of us can afford spanking shiny new puters.

Ok princess.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 10:26 am

ive been using opera for years now but had some big troubles with it slowing down tons as of late, so i hopped onto chrome. And while i miss operas awesome features i guess i have to compromise them for speed

ianorlin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 11:22 am

MyFutureSelfnMe wrote:
The only advantage Firefox currently really has over Chrome is in memory usage and I don't know how long that will remain true. Chrome is measurably faster in virtually every way and in my testing has had fewer bugs - sometimes I wonder how much QA is even being done over at Mozilla. That's not to say Firefox is a bad browser, there's just no point when Chrome is a better browser. I haven't had issues with Chrome's memory usage slowing down my system.

Same with Opera - it's really a great browser these days, but there's no point when Chrome is measurably better.
With my 3 something year old laptops and 4 gigs of memory I don't really have any memory problems so that is nice. I do use quite a bit of memory but have 9 tabs open. and still goes fast. I notice a bigger difference with how many other people are on the network at school than my system really.