Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Quazar
Raven
Raven

06 Jan 2013, 10:59 pm

I'm probably getting tested to see if I qualify for PWD some time this year. My pediatritan says to qualify i need to be below 70 in either IQ or "adaptive skills" ._. whats the test like? Is it just a multiple choice thing or is it something else?

Last edited by Quazar on 06 Jan 2013, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

06 Jan 2013, 11:02 pm

It is probably the Vineland-II Adaptive Behavior Scales (VABS). There are different tests for children and adults, and the score is supposed to be equivalent to one's IQ score, but only relevant to adaptive skills. For NTs, their adaptive skills typically match their IQ. For autistics, adaptive skills tend to lag behind IQ to some extent.

I don't know what the test is like, but you can read a description here:

http://psychcorp.pearsonassessments.com ... ineland-II

Quazar
Raven
Raven

06 Jan 2013, 11:15 pm

whoa that was a quick response :O. Tbh i'm a little nervous about the test ._. my pediatrician said there was an adult who took the test who functions like a 10 year old
but didn't qualify. Yet i'm pretty sure my friend said something that implies that he qualified

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

06 Jan 2013, 11:16 pm

Being nervous is understandable, especially when elements of your future hang in the balance.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 11:47 pm

Being nervous is understandable.

...I want to know what score for adaptive skills. That would give me information about myself that I would like to have.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 11:53 pm

Yeah, I would love to know my score too. I guess it depends on when I can get a more thorough evaluation. The place I am looking at does VABS in addition to everything else, and should provide a lot of information to dispel at least some uncertainties I have.