How do you handle multiplayer gaming?

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Elric
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jan 2013, 5:35 am

The only times I really enjoyed multiplayer was when playing with friends on lan. I prefer to play alone and it annoys me how multiplayer is being shoved down my throat. More and more often, games that are meant for single player have multiplayer tacked onto them.

zeldafan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 1:32 pm

If you are a noob on an online game then go to your starting area and ask if anybody could explain some stuff to you. Usually there is at least one nice/decent person there and will help you understand the game more. GW2 does the the best though because you HAVE to work together on some things to get the good gear. If you jut ask the nice vets or maybe if you see one a devolper then they will help you. However there is always a troll who will give you bad info. If they do then just do /ignore or /report if they were REALLY rude.

Arkio
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 5:14 pm

Actually, I pretty much end up in tears every time I play multiplayer because nobody downloads the patches that allow them to see my awesome characters.

Cathe
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jan 2013, 6:02 pm

I can't do competitive multiplayer.

I love the multiplayer on Mass Effect 3 because it's all teamwork, there is a score board but it means nothing at the end of the game so I love how non competitive it is as a multiplayer mode.

I don't feel comfortable with competitive multiplayer unless I can be on a team with other people and mute mics. Even then it's only on select games I go near.

If it gets a bit much i'll just play something else.

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 2:03 am

I play PlanetSide 2 and Arma 2 regularly with organized groups online, and both require a great deal of communication to succeed. The good think about the two communities I'm in, they don't take themselves too seriously, and when you screw up, you usually don't get anything more rude than "Oh, man, that went badly... Now you know not to do that again, right?" I also play Eve Online, which I've found to be very friendly and mature, for the most part; willing to have a random chat or offer suggestions or assistance to newer players.

Of course, I tend to avoid games with notoriously rude or immature playerbases, like League of Legends and Call of Duty.

R_odin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Jan 2013, 5:33 pm

Cathe wrote:

I love the multiplayer on Mass Effect 3 because it's all teamwork, there is a score board but it means nothing at the end of the game so I love how non competitive it is as a multiplayer mode.

I don't feel comfortable with competitive multiplayer unless I can be on a team with other people and mute mics. Even then it's only on select games I go near.

This right here. ME3 MP is the best since there's no PvP, which i suck at. I Also enjoy flying with couple of friends in BMS Falcon against AI. I enjoy playing coo-op and teamwork oriented games.

RenegadeRaven
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2013, 9:42 pm

Cathe wrote:

I have played this game for 10 months and I agree. It is better to play with friends and the game becomes much easier and more fun. You can make a ton of friends on the BSN forums (easy to ignore the trolls, they are very mild compared to other gaming forums). I recommend getting friends because a lot of randoms nowadays leech and can be very frustrating (especially on Gold/Platinum). Games will go much faster and you will be able to upgrade your weapons at a faster rate.

I am taking a break since I have maxed my manifest with nearly 6 mil in the bank. :)

Zaswe12
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Jan 2013, 9:51 pm

I usually say "You all suck", "UP DA BUTT", or "Don't worry guys I GOT THIS".

younginflavor18
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jan 2013, 8:25 pm

When I play multiplayer games on console and PC platforms I'd just play legitimately and not to be a sore loser if one team beats my other team in a King of the Hill game in Ratchet & Clank for example. I'm used to other online players' playing styles and not to care for it as long they play fair themselves and not be cheaters.

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 10:26 pm

Honestly, League has been getting better lately in terms of raging, and I'm finding it easier and easier to communicate with my teammates :D

Author/Writer

Matto

28 Jan 2013, 8:30 pm

Zodai wrote:
Honestly, League has been getting better lately in terms of raging,

In my opinion, you play tatletale to Riot and they simply just ban the people who went AFK (The Tribunal is really the other players + a Riot admin.).

Telekon
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2013, 10:21 pm

I'm not a competitive person, so I don't like multiplayer games.

Playing video games is a solitary experience for me. I feel like the other players are intruding on my experience.

I like to play games at my own pace too. Multiplayer forces me to adjust my pace and I don't like that.

The only multiplayer games I liked were arcade games like TMNT and the Simpsons.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 1:21 am

If I could get good at something on my own, in single player mode, maybe the I'd try to play with other players. Otherwise, I couldn't handle getting b**ched at constantly by teenagers for not being as good as them.

OfTheWillowFae
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Jan 2013, 4:15 am

Any MMORPG's I play, I always pick either a class that is reasonably easy to Solo, or just make a character I like to look at (since I'll be playing for so long). Most of the time, if I'm ever in a group, I get the homophobic slurs, or stupid people asking me what sex my character is... like it's not obvious with only two morphs! Or I get cussed at in another language, or told I'm stupid, blah blah blah.

The only game I'm really on now is DCUO. People can be rude there and I can never know, because I've got the chat windows off. Now, the other games I've played (still do from time to time) added this ridiculous feature where if they pay for it, they can shout along all channels. It's usually really rude things, too. I kinda stopped playing them as much after that.

I am on PSHome, but I have the chat and voice always off, just like in the others.

Dizzee
Toucan
Toucan

31 Jan 2013, 5:11 am

I have no problem with cooperating with other people in Multiplayer games but I never use voice chat, I think I would sound weird.

Arkio
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 5:50 pm

I always use a mic since I'm a slow typer, but I usually use a voice changer since I'm ashamed of my gender. I haven't been using the voice changer much lately though, since people say it makes me sound stupid.