First date in 2 decades help!

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 12:38 am

Its just depressing because not just location but finding a woman who not only can turn wrenches but understands combustion science and metallurgy in an applied setting. Who can pic thru my scavenged materials and know what they are. I know t sounds strange but I had sorely hoped to find some one with my odd passions and interest. And she has stopped in and helped with some side work. I think she wants to be more than friends but not a couple. :scratch:

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 9:38 am

johnny77 wrote:
I think she wants to be more than friends but not a couple. :scratch:

What makes you think that?

PHRoGGiE
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Jan 2013, 10:54 am

johnny77 wrote:
Its just depressing because not just location but finding a woman who not only can turn wrenches but understands combustion science and metallurgy in an applied setting. Who can pic thru my scavenged materials and know what they are.

Tell her exactly what you said there...quite flattering IMHO. Also, just because you're not in her initial 'acceptable age range' doesn't mean she can't change that as you two get to know each other more. :) Happy is happy, regardless of age!

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 12:20 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
johnny77 wrote:

She wanted to stay for "coffee". :oops: I'm undecided on that I'm old school when it come to relationships but my bodies is trying to over ride my head. It could make us closer or do just the opposite to.

PHRoGGiE wrote:
Tell her exactly what you said there...quite flattering IMHO. Also, just because you're not in her initial 'acceptable age range' doesn't mean she can't change that as you two get to know each other more. Smile Happy is happy, regardless of age!

I'm hopping but charming people is not my strong suit. :(

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 1:29 pm

johnny77 wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:
johnny77 wrote:

She wanted to stay for "coffee". :oops: I'm undecided on that I'm old school when it come to relationships but my bodies is trying to over ride my head. It could make us closer or do just the opposite to.

Was this before or after your date (where she said the age difference was too much) that she said she wanted coffee?

If she says coffee, she might actually mean coffee. If it really is sex, then I say go for it.......

Best Case Scenerio: It develops into something more.
Worst case scenario: You hook up with an attractive younger woman whom you're potentially compatible with and it ends in disaster. I still think you'd be better from the experience.

The hard truth is that most relationships end in pain and heartbreak. Nobody will ever find the one that doesn't unless they are willing to weather that heartbreak and take that risk.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 5:12 pm

johnny77 wrote:
Its just depressing because not just location but finding a woman who not only can turn wrenches but understands combustion science and metallurgy in an applied setting. Who can pic thru my scavenged materials and know what they are. I know t sounds strange but I had sorely hoped to find some one with my odd passions and interest. And she has stopped in and helped with some side work. I think she wants to be more than friends but not a couple. :scratch:

sounds like the new way of dating, you don't confirm that you ever were in a relationship to save any kind of embarrassment. Words that comes to mind, "going steady" seems to some how translate into a couple later on.

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 12:25 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
johnny77 wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:
johnny77 wrote:

Was this before or after your date (where she said the age difference was too much) that she said she wanted coffee?

If she says coffee, she might actually mean coffee. If it really is sex, then I say go for it.......

Best Case Scenerio: It develops into something more.
Worst case scenario: You hook up with an attractive younger woman whom you're potentially compatible with and it ends in disaster. I still think you'd be better from the experience.

The hard truth is that most relationships end in pain and heartbreak. Nobody will ever find the one that doesn't unless they are willing to weather that heartbreak and take that risk.

No she doesn't mean the drink because we had coffee had the pot on because I had guest that night. Your right nothing ventured nothing gained Ill try to keep an open heart and mind and see were it goes.

Stalk wrote:
sounds like the new way of dating, you don't confirm that you ever were in a relationship to save any kind of embarrassment. Words that comes to mind, "going steady" seems to some how translate into a couple later on.

Ill just see where it leads, so there is still hope.

Mconstantino4
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Feb 2013, 9:08 pm

I live in Buffalo NY. I have aspergers and used to go to alot of the local metal shows. A word of advice, I'm not sure who the returners are, but if they are metal, and you want to go, be careful. I was foolish enough to talk about my aspergers at metal shows. Seems like people around here shun and ban people with aspergers from their shows.

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 9:09 pm

If I said I was dancing on the clouds would that say enough on how well it is going?