Hi i feel a freak and loser can you help me please ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

TheQuietMan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jan 2013, 12:07 pm

I am a 41 year old man with the ret*d social skills of a child , and this makes me feel shy and very awkward in Social situations is my condition Asperges or could it just :( be Crippling shyness and you think this could have led to me still being a virgin and shy of girls still at my Age41 ?

hyksos55
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 3:36 pm

TheQuietMan wrote:
ret*d social skills of a child

Are these your words, or the words of someone else?

Sylant
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jan 2013, 4:56 pm

Hard to say if it's Aspergers or not, the obvious recourse would be to speak with a professional about it. Whether it's AS or something else they can help put you on the right path. I personally don't think it's shyness, shy people have an emotional barrier to socializing where as yours seems more fundamentally under developed.

For the record, I don't think you're a freak or a loser at all. Nearly everyone here can relate to having trouble in social environments, and many will relate to your story. Nobodies perfect and you should try to be a little kinder to yourself.

Whatever comes of this, I wish you the best of luck and welcome to WP.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 7:27 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Thomidog
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jan 2013, 8:51 pm

It's horrible to feel like a freak and a loser. Really, if you heard someone say another person had "the ret*d social skills of a child", you'd think to yourself, "Well, that's a bit harsh..." We all have things to offer the world. If you're shy and feeling really lonely though, and you don't know where to start getting to know other people, that can make you feel depressed. And then because you're down on yourself you beat up on yourself and end up feeling even worse.

Tell us more about yourself. Do you work? Do you have hobbies? Do you live with other people or alone?

Danimal
Toucan
Toucan

10 Jan 2013, 12:59 am

Feelings and reality can be two different things. Some of us have limited social skills and operate at the level of someone younger.
That doesn't mean we have the ret*d social skills of a child. It's simply different.
Please don't be so harsh with yourself. It may be helpful to find a therapist who works with adults with Aspergers. Over time you will come to realize how unique you are and how many things you can do that most NTs can't.
Welcome to WP.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2013, 5:16 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2013, 6:35 pm

You sound 100% sweet and sensitive to me!

Welcome, glad you are here - stick around and get to know us and us you :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 12:33 am

Welkome to WP

MickImage